Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

Bullen now saying he's ready for the job,  according to BBC sport site. Would be a good chance for you  to get some points on the board against  some unfancied teams and build confidence in the early games, before meeting better sides.

18 minutes ago, pintor said:

Bullen now saying he's ready for the job,  according to BBC sport site. Would be a good chance for you  to get some points on the board against  some unfancied teams and build confidence in the early games, before meeting better sides.

Might be worth giving it him till Xmas and see how he goes, no names mentioned really stand out so far. These first four games could be a decent indicator

4 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Might be worth giving it him till Xmas and see how he goes, no names mentioned really stand out so far. These first four games could be a decent indicator

Doing exactly as I have said Nervy.. Taking time, no panic.. see how they go and wait for the right man.

I'd leave Bullen in for now, I do still have my reservations about him long term but give him a spell and see how it pans out.

THE only problem i see ,is we could lose a great future manager in bullen altogether if it doesnt work,get a good quality manager and him by his side

9 minutes ago, bassett one said:

THE only problem i see ,is we could lose a great future manager in bullen altogether if it doesnt work,get a good quality manager and him by his side

As I have said before, leave him to look after the team, player selection etc. Bring in someone to wheel and deal the comings and goings of the transfer market and the scouting of future acquisitions.Two heads are better than one, just look how the Clough &Taylor duo  worked out, for one example. By all accounts, the team's owner is wealthy enough.

I'm not criticising anyone here, but the lack of dialogue/movement/printed media/rumours or ANYTHING coming out of Hillsborough seems very strange.

The Bookies have stopped speculating. The Newspapers have forgotten that we don't have a Manager. Radio Sheffield have stopped asking Bullen about his, or the club's future. They have, at least, stopped publishing Bullen's comments.

Are we in a Camouflaged Canoe, in the dead of night, slowly approaching the Bridge On The River Kwai?

Or has DC fell down a massive hole and no-one's noticed it yet? :hihi:

I suppose the Status Quo will be upheld when (or if) Bullen hits a rocky patch.

We've started off quite well (albeit against alleged relegation fodder) so we're feeling a bit pleased and confident at the moment.

Barnsley, though, didn't look like Relegation candidates to me, but their most recent loss looks pretty worrying for them.

Millwall will be a harder test. I never expect to get owt at Millwall, and this weekend is no exception.

Anything better than a loss will be great in my opinion. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

This is difficult for Bullen, maybe he's thinking if he takes the job and ends up getting the sack he will be out of a job completely, new managers now come complete with their own back room team. Whilst ever hes in his current position he could have a job for life, equally there isn't as much pressure on him (he's only temporary), once he steps up to the plate, all eyes are on him, beating the two favourites for relegation is ok, and August doesn't look difficult on paper, but see how it goes when better teams come round in September

1 hour ago, pintor said:

This is difficult for Bullen, maybe he's thinking if he takes the job and ends up getting the sack he will be out of a job completely, new managers now come complete with their own back room team. Whilst ever hes in his current position he could have a job for life, equally there isn't as much pressure on him (he's only temporary), once he steps up to the plate, all eyes are on him, beating the two favourites for relegation is ok, and August doesn't look difficult on paper, but see how it goes when better teams come round in September

those are my thoughts entirely. 

Speaking with a couple of Wed fans last night, they were speculating that it could be Sol Campbell?  

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Speaking with a couple of Wed fans last night, they were speculating that it could be Sol Campbell?  

Would rather have Naomi Campbell than him .😉😋

1 hour ago, owl.66 said:

Would rather have Naomi Campbell than him .😉😋

Who wouldn't?

Whoops better be careful around here eh?