Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

give lee the job,why not try benito as his assistant ,hes do the ground work and may have contacts abroad and it would be 2x owl lovers who would have passion and pround to do the job.

40 minutes ago, bassett one said:

give lee the job,why not try benito as his assistant ,hes do the ground work and may have contacts abroad and it would be 2x owl lovers who would have passion and pround to do the job.

I’d give it a few more games before making that decision.

There’s no need to panic, the players are more  resilient than previous seasons. Let’s make the correct appointment.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

if that was to happen, if and when he gets the sack as manager, i would think all his ties with Wednesday would cease.  Derick Dooley comes to mind 

17 hours ago, Padders said:

Take note HOTS.

Well done Padders! Top of the Prediction League an'all.

???????????????????????????????????????????

What's it to do with me Padders?

You know me, I'm big on attitude being 9/10ths of success.

In that case, Bullen should be a World Beater.

In reality, Caretakers who end up being appointed on  a permanent basis, usually fall flat on their face.

I'm not that keen on Bullen getting the job full time, but rather him than 98% of the other names in the hat.

Should he fail, that'll be the end of his relationship with the Owls, and that's summat I don't really want to see happen.

Yes, keep him in charge for as long as he wants to do it, and for as long as the players respond positively to him, and the results are towards the top end, but don't slaughter the man and chuck him on the rubbish dump should things backfire.

His part-time record is good, so I hope the lads keep it going.

If one of the other Candidates are set on, I'll not be very happy.

I didn't really want Bruce, but he did get me round to his way of thinking.

As it stands now, it's still Jokanavic or Bullen for me.

We'll see what comes out int wesh. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

21 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Well done Padders! Top of the Prediction League an'all.

???????????????????????????????????????????

What's it to do with me Padders?

You know me, I'm big on attitude being 9/10ths of success.

In that case, Bullen should be a World Beater.

In reality, Caretakers who end up being appointed on  a permanent basis, usually fall flat on their face.

I'm not that keen on Bullen getting the job full time, but rather him than 98% of the other names in the hat.

Should he fail, that'll be the end of his relationship with the Owls, and that's summat I don't really want to see happen.

Yes, keep him in charge for as long as he wants to do it, and for as long as the players respond positively to him, and the results are towards the top end, but don't slaughter the man and chuck him on the rubbish dump should things backfire.

His part-time record is good, so I hope the lads keep it going.

If one of the other Candidates are set on, I'll not be very happy.

I didn't really want Bruce, but he did get me round to his way of thinking.

As it stands now, it's still Jokanavic or Bullen for me.

We'll see what comes out int wesh. 

Boxing clever Hots, not panicking .. see how things go, if WE can maintain a top 6 position then make the appointment when needed.

Definitely a Wednesdayite till end of season.

On 03/08/2019 at 09:27, Baron99 said:

Always makes me laugh how very parochial the clubs around S. Yorks / N. Derbyshire are when it comes to looking for & appointing new managers.   You only after look at Danny Wilson's CV.

Fair enough, it's worked occasionally for the Blades with Warnock & Wilder is now doing a good job but I think SWFC should be looking beyond former players or those with links to Sheffield, unless of course you were going to go for the likes of Nigel Pearson, who I believe has already ruled himself out. 

Strange that SWFC no longer get former players who used to big themselves up every time the manager's position became vacant, such as the likes of Waddle & Hirst, fancying the job any more? 

It must be considered a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment? 

Danny Wilson had done wonders at Barnsley at the time he took over at Hillsborough. Not sure Waddle or Hirst have ever been linked. Being "one of their own" is great and in an ideal world you'd want all 11 players being born in Sheffield but it doesn't work like that

I'd hope Wednesday are looking for the best candidate (in their opinion) within the budget they can afford 

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Allowing LB a few games to have a good look at him, surely wouldn't be such a bad thing based on yesterday's result. To be able to "try before you buy" is unheard of in this day and age! If Bullen brings the results in, then surely he deserves a proper crack at it.

I remember some of the names being banded around before we set Wilder on, some of which household names. Our current gaffer was N unattractive propositio  for some fans, but he had a CV of proven success. Lee bullen may not have this, but he doesn't need the period of adjustment. He knows the club, the chairman, the players and the fans. He knows the position that the club is in and the expectancies of the position.

If he handles the pressure, then it would be completely foolish to overlook him. He has stood by your club through rocky times of late, perhaps it is time to repay the favour.

Of course my view is of an outsider, but my opinion would remain the same regardless of clu.

Valid points you make, all of which would be enough for me to be happy enough about him getting it, even taking yesterday's result away. It's a gamble whoever we set on so I'll just go with whoever  is set on and trust the chairman has got it right

On 01/08/2019 at 10:28, St Petre said:

Yes I agree,  and both Stiles and Bobby Moore might not have been sure of their places either as 'Big Dunc' could play on either side. If I recall the England sides in the early 60s ,the FA Selection committee favoured London based players, Alf Ramsey was the first manager allowed to pick his own team and there were four of them in the final and another three,  However, there were two Blackpool FC players in the squad, imagine that these days ?

What the heck, they won the damn thing with what they had. It's like the old fantasy boxing matchups ie Clay would have beat Marciano or vice versa, etc. etc.

I hated Stiles when he played against us, but he was a great defensive and occasionally a great offensive half back, who would have given a boost to any team including either Sheffield clubs at that time. He was like a Jack Russell nipping at your trouser bottoms, he just never quit. I was with my mates at Millmoor in a FA cup replay,Rotherham had tied 0-0 at Old Trafford ( yes I was at that game too) in 1966. Wednesday were at Newcastle that day and none of my workmates were interested in that trip. Anyway Rotherham had a perfectly good goal from John Galley  disallowed when Stiles cleared it "off" the line in the replay at Milmoor lol. I was right behind that net, and it was a good foot over the line. Closing in to the end of extra time at Milmoor and the only guy who had anything left in the tank was that little bugger Stiles, he ran through the sludge from deep in his own half, avoided a few clumsy tackles. passed to John Connelly who tapped it it in....game over. No quit in that Nobby.

Edited by Ontarian1981

why not bullen and a older assistant that has powers to attract loans ect

On 03/08/2019 at 18:51, bassett one said:

I'd like to see Carbone back in some form but I can't see him accepting assistant, I think he'd want to be in charge. He probably has just as much experience as bullen management wise but bullen has the recent owls history on his side so probably would get the nod

Is this the same carbone who jumped ship when we wouldnt pay him stupid money