Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Well it's pretty obvious that he's coach now...

... because everyone else has left! :hihi:

My point was, if Mr Bruce brought his own team of coaches then what role did Mr Bullen have at that time?

It seems strange (although pretty fortunate) that he wasn't got rid of when Mr Bruce moved in.

Was a role presumably found for him as part of Mr Bruce's team, or was he a bit of a spare part that was superfluous to requirements?

If he was a valued member of Mr Bruce's team then why didn't he go off to Newcastle with him?

And now he says he's ready to become manager.

So what happens if Mr FFP Dodger decides that he's not up to the job?

What happens if the new manager brings in his own team of coaches and decides that Mr Bullen is no longer required?

Is Mr FFP Dodger likely to get rid of Mr Bullen, the man who has been there for the club when they most needed someone, or is the new manager going to have to put up with a coach that he doesn't really want?

Maybe we'll soon find out just how loyal Mr FFP Dodger is himself? :|

I think it would be wise to keep him on if they appoint a new man as a bit of an insurance against them appointing another waster.

9 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

My point was, if Mr Bruce brought his own team of coaches then what role did Mr Bullen have at that time?

It seems strange (although pretty fortunate) that he wasn't got rid of when Mr Bruce moved in.

Was a role presumably found for him as part of Mr Bruce's team, or was he a bit of a spare part that was superfluous to requirements?

If he was a valued member of Mr Bruce's team then why didn't he go off to Newcastle with him?

What happens if the new manager brings in his own team of coaches and decides that Mr Bullen is no longer required?

Is Mr FFP Dodger likely to get rid of Mr Bullen, the man who has been there for the club when they most needed someone, or is the new manager going to have to put up with a coach that he doesn't really want?

That's a long post for an obvious answer!

45 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Just because a new manager comes in it doesn't mean he'll clear out all the coaching staff, they need people there that knows the club and playing staff, bully fits in with that.

Not sure I'm keen on him being manager though. At the moment he's highly regarded by the fans and I wouldn't want the ruining with a bad spell as manager 

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Just because a new manager comes in it doesn't mean he'll clear out all the coaching staff, they need people there that knows the club and playing staff, bully fits in with that.

Not sure I'm keen on him being manager though. At the moment he's highly regarded by the fans and I wouldn't want the ruining with a bad spell as manager 

Therein lies the problem, he has held things together as a caretaker manager because no one expected too much of him. If he is hired as the actual manager that will change big time. He will be held accountanble for every little thing that goes wrong, not only by his boss but also the fans and the media. He will need skin like an alligator. 

Edited by Ontarian1981

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

I really have no idea why the role of an employee at SWFC would cause you so much concern, Lee Bullen was only ever an average player but he was a workhouse that gave everything on the pitch and played in every position as a player, he still followed the Owls even after a brief spell in Scotland and still regularly attended games, he moved back to Sheffield and has since filled various coaching roles from the academy upwards, he's a great guy who loves the club and always has time to stop and have a chat if you see him around, your posts/obsession  about him are getting a bit embarrassing.

15 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The first two are in work I did hear a rumour Wagner was in consideration and would be a good appointment.

Worth buying either of them out, assuming we've got a couple of million coming from Newcastle?

Edit: I didn't realise Wagner was in the Bundesliga. I think Jokanavic is in Qatar or somewhere. Not proper football there is it?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Worth buying either of them out, assuming we've got a couple of million coming from Newcastle?

Edit: I didn't realise Wagner was in the Bundesliga. I think Jokanavic is in Qatar or somewhere. Not proper football there is it?

Wagner is too busy riding the Valkyries in Shalke. :lol:

2 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Wagner is too busy riding the Valkyries in Shalke. :lol:

Some interesting signings he's made - Tannhauser, Lohengrin, Gotterdamrung - and hear he's chasing an unnamed winger from Holland known as "the flying dutchman".

... the Flying Dutchman?

As in, the legendary ghost ship that can never make port and is doomed to sail the oceans forever?

Sounds like he'd be the perfect choice to become the next manager... :hihi:

15 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I really have no idea why the role of an employee at SWFC would cause you so much concern, Lee Bullen was only ever an average player but he was a workhouse that gave everything on the pitch and played in every position as a player, he still followed the Owls even after a brief spell in Scotland and still regularly attended games, he moved back to Sheffield and has since filled various coaching roles from the academy upwards, he's a great guy who loves the club and always has time to stop and have a chat if you see him around, your posts/obsession  about him are getting a bit embarrassing.

Gave his all for Wednesday in bad times. 

Not sure we should appoint him manager though

19 minutes ago, redbig said:

Gave his all for Wednesday in bad times. 

Not sure we should appoint him manager though

I fully agree mate, keep him in a similar capacity to now, need someone stronger in the managerial role.