Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

16 minutes ago, St Petre said:

If I recall, Jimmy Hagan and Ferenc Puskas didn't run around a lot, they could perform their silky skills stood still (was that like you ?)  Puskas  only needed to pull his left boot back only a foot and the ball left it rocket launch style. As for the 1966 WCF (53 years ago yesterday) perhaps you could have played instead of Nobby Stiles, I never thought he was England class.

Nobby Stiles may well have not been England's number 4 in 1966 if Duncan Edwards had survived the Munich air disaster or Tony Kay hadn't received a life ban.

Same applies to Jack Charlton and Peter Swan.

9 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Nobby Stiles may well have not been England's number 4 in 1966 if Duncan Edwards had survived the Munich air disaster or Tony Kay hadn't received a life ban.

Same applies to Jack Charlton and Peter Swan.

Yes I agree,  and both Stiles and Bobby Moore might not have been sure of their places either as 'Big Dunc' could play on either side. If I recall the England sides in the early 60s ,the FA Selection committee favoured London based players, Alf Ramsey was the first manager allowed to pick his own team and there were four of them in the final and another three,  However, there were two Blackpool FC players in the squad, imagine that these days ?

Benito Cabone now in the frame.

24 minutes ago, Padders said:

Always makes me laugh how very parochial the clubs around S. Yorks / N. Derbyshire are when it comes to looking for & appointing new managers.   You only after look at Danny Wilson's CV.

Fair enough, it's worked occasionally for the Blades with Warnock & Wilder is now doing a good job but I think SWFC should be looking beyond former players or those with links to Sheffield, unless of course you were going to go for the likes of Nigel Pearson, who I believe has already ruled himself out. 

Strange that SWFC no longer get former players who used to big themselves up every time the manager's position became vacant, such as the likes of Waddle & Hirst, fancying the job any more? 

It must be considered a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment? 

Edited by Baron99

23 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Always makes me laugh how very parochial the clubs around S. Yorks / N. Derbyshire are when it comes to looking for & appointing new managers.   You only after look at Danny Wilson's CV.

Fair enough, it's worked occasionally for the Blades with Warnock & Wilder is now doing a good job but I think SWFC should be looking beyond former players or those with links to Sheffield, unless of course you were going to go for the likes of Nigel Pearson, who I believe has already ruled himself out. 

Strange that SWFC no longer get former players who used to big themselves up every time the manager's position became vacant, such as the likes of Waddle & Hirst, fancying the job any more? 

It must be considered a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment? 

Hirst has never sounded out the job and Waddle has been out of the game for years, your post is nonsense.

43 minutes ago, Padders said:

For a bank job? 😂

Thought John Sheridan might have been mentioned in the list,o.k he trying to get better but seems to struggle and working under Dave Allen at Chesterfield will be hard for him

Big win today at Reading, top off league. job will be Bullens.

I,ll  take any win Padders, lets get on that board.  

9 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

I,ll  take any win Padders, lets get on that board.  

Thank god its started  (new season)  I will be in la la land if Owls get of on the front foot,  or right foot  left foot, any foot as long as its in the back of the net.. sorry getting all giddy.

W A W A W.

6 hours ago, Padders said:

Big win today at Reading, top off league. job will be Bullens.

Take note HOTS.

9 hours ago, Padders said:

I knew his name would crop up at some point. Bullen hasn't done his chances any harm after today though