Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

Please God, no.

Like Stan says, we dont score  enough now. With Pulis, we can only look forward to numerous one nil defeats, one alls and the odd one nil win.

I'm still in the Gary Rowett camp.

He's the best of a poor bunch.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Please God, no.

Like Stan says, we dont score  enough now. With Pulis, we can only look forward to numerous one nil defeats, one alls and the odd one nil win.

I'm still in the Gary Rowett camp.

He's the best of a poor bunch.

I'd be tempted to go with the unknown overseas managers rather than Rowett. It worked in our first season, worked with Wagner and Farke

Would rather have Monk than Rowett, thought Birmingham looked a good side under him

WHY not do unto others as they do to us,GO out and pinch the best from somewhere else,we have a spare 5 grand we got for steve bruce,so look for the best that will come,sometimes money,power can become a winner,if you upset a few people so what,go out and get a manager that can get us out of this league.

33 minutes ago, bassett one said:

WHY not do unto others as they do to us,GO out and pinch the best from somewhere else,we have a spare 5 grand we got for steve bruce,so look for the best that will come,sometimes money,power can become a winner,if you upset a few people so what,go out and get a manager that can get us out of this league.

Might take a bit more than 5k though!

You could do with the Preston guy. Alex Neil deserves a bigger stage

2 minutes ago, pintor said:

Might take a bit more than 5k though!

K and M are very close on the keyboard.😉

Edited by Ontarian1981

If we are going for a young up and coming manager from the lower leagues then we could do a lot worse than get Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe , managed QPR  2008-2012 before taking over at Wycombe  and doing a decent job on limited funds.

8 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

If we are going for a young up and coming manager from the lower leagues then we could do a lot worse than get Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe , managed QPR  2008-2012 before taking over at Wycombe  and doing a decent job on limited funds.

Ainsworth ? Now that would be popular in S2.

He's always avoided coming to Sheffield in the past. Conveniently injured every time we played his team. 

3 hours ago, redbig said:

I'd be tempted to go with the unknown overseas managers rather than Rowett. It worked in our first season, worked with Wagner and Farke

Would rather have Monk than Rowett, thought Birmingham looked a good side under him

'Unknown overseas manager'.......like Carlos or Jos?

Edited by abbeyedges

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

I think its an honour thing with DC,he wont poach another clubs manager.Thai businessmen do things a little differently it seems so we will be picking from the current bunch that are  at the jobcentre!

Seems Pullis has expressed an interest,Id heard hed turned it down.......heaven help us

25 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

I think its an honour thing with DC,he wont poach another clubs manager.Thai businessmen do things a little differently it seems so we will be picking from the current bunch that are  at the jobcentre!

Seems Pullis has expressed an interest,Id heard hed turned it down.......heaven help us

What a refreshing change! A football club owner who is also a decent human being.

Appointing Pulis would anger alot of Owls fans,as he not a manager that can attract Top class players,so would also put more pressure on Chansiri,wish the Lincoln manager would be given a chance or Gary Rowett,hope it get sorted out now the international break is on

It took stoke some time to rid themselves of the poor buys and the ingrained tactics Pulis left behind,subsequent managers have pointed this out after theyve left the club.

There are one or two decent managers out of work,ive never hid my inclination for Pearson,I wouldnt be adverse to Moyes,ok since Everton not so good,but hes taken on some jobs where time and opportunity where against him,I still rate him highly as a coach.

Then Karanka,mysteriously sacked at forest and yet moved them upto 7th in the table?

Im not so sure about Cowley,comming here from Lincoln with a squad thats not set up to play his way,the ex Luton boss at stoke is finding life tough,there was the highly rated Paul hurst at Ipswich.........I do admire the job hes doing at Lincoln,but our fans arent the most patient,hes also being touted for the vacant Huddersfield job,with his release fee rumoured to be 500K.

Rowett has stated hed like the job,nothing against him,decent manager,likes to play counter attacking football and has had a degree of success without achieving anything,but got Derby close.

According to twitter,DC has only considered 3 managers,Bullen,Houghton and Pulis,its our chairman that worries me the most.

Edited by staninoodle