Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

My fear is that Wednesday will go for one of the merry go round of managers who pop up and achieve little, the usual candidates

What about Wagner he got Huddersfield promoted.

Bullen will be caretaker manager for about 4 games, get 12 points and then one of the merry go round managers will  get the job and send Wednesday back to mid table boredom

Why not just give Bullen the job until Christmas and if Wednesday are runaway leaders, then offer him a 2 year contract or something

Edited by rogets

Giving Bullen the job might put wednesday in problems,because if things start to wrong for Bullen and he ends up getting sacked,then the Owls will have nobody to help them work with the players,if no manager does not be successful in the boss position,that is why Bullen is so important at The Owls

Perhaps if Bully wanted that job, he'd already be the man. He has previously stated, I believe, he doesn't want it.

Rotherham have kept faith with Paul Warne, according to my Millers colleague, because " he knew the club inside out and had the passion to sell it to potential signings".

They've made some decent signings.

Give it to Lee, even if on a 12 month contract, for the same reason.

Let's  get off the merry-go-round of the has-beens, might-have-beens and never-will-be riders on the on-going managers' baggage carousel.

21 minutes ago, boldforester said:

Rotherham have kept faith with Paul Warne, according to my Millers colleague, because " he knew the club inside out and had the passion to sell it to potential signings".

They've made some decent signings.

Give it to Lee, even if on a 12 month contract, for the same reason.

Let's  get off the merry-go-round of the has-beens, might-have-beens and never-will-be riders on the on-going managers' baggage carousel.

I believe Chris Hughton started his managerial career as a caretaker manager, and more recently the Man U . guy ,so you never know.

bit more gossip 

C&P

Sheffield Wednesday's search for Steve Bruce’s successor went up a notch yesterday after Wolves assistant manager Rui Silva was linked with the vacant managerial role

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-news-recap-transfer-embargo-lifted-as-owls-favourite-re-signs-486676

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/who-is-sheffield-wednesday-linked-coach-rui-silva-486607

Edited by kidley
added url

How many is that now, "linked to the job" ????

23 hours ago, rogets said:

My fear is that Wednesday will go for one of the merry go round of managers who pop up and achieve little, the usual candidates

What about Wagner he got Huddersfield promoted.

Bullen will be caretaker manager for about 4 games, get 12 points and then one of the merry go round managers will  get the job and send Wednesday back to mid table boredom

Why not just give Bullen the job until Christmas and if Wednesday are runaway leaders, then offer him a 2 year contract or something

I rated Wagner and seemed to be doing OK without much money to spend

40 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

I rated Wagner and seemed to be doing OK without much money to spend

Wagner has a job in the Bundesliga!

Just read that the Spurs manager a come forward with a manager he as told Chansiri as a good candidate for the Owls job Nestor Lorenzo is the name,but we really want someone who knows what is required to manage in the English leagues

1 hour ago, ThatYank said:

How many is that now, "linked to the job" ????

Apparently 100 applicants have applied.