Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

6 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I fully agree mate, keep him in a similar capacity to now, need someone stronger in the managerial role.

You never really know until it is tried. I remember applying for my first supervisory positon in a major company, many years ago. My best friend told me I should stay where I was as I was too good of a tradesman and too nice of a guy to put up with the bull**** from above and below. However sometimes nice guys do come through and I spent the next 20 years or so in various supervisory and managerial roles. If Lee is given a shot at it, I wish him nothing but the best.

7 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

You never really know until it is tried. I remember applying for my first supervisory positon in a major company, many years ago. My best friend told me I should stay where I was as I was too good of a tradesman and too nice of a guy to put up with the bull**** from above and below. However sometimes nice guys do come through and I spent the next 20 years or so in various supervisory and managerial roles. If Lee is given a shot at it, I wish him nothing but the best.

His stint as caretaker after CC was awful, his stint after JL was good (it couldn't have been worse following that clown) I just feel he won't have the contacts in the game that more experienced guys have as he played his entire career at a fairly modest level, a great bloke that I wouldn't want to see tarnished by the reputation of failed management.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

His stint as caretaker after CC was awful, his stint after JL was good (it couldn't have been worse following that clown) I just feel he won't have the contacts in the game that more experienced guys have as he played his entire career at a fairly modest level, a great bloke that I wouldn't want to see tarnished by the reputation of failed management.

Maybe it is time British football adopted the two edged sword type of management . One guy runs the day to day operations of the team and another deals for players , transfers etc.and handles that side of the club. It is the norm in all North American sports to have a general manager to run the front office i.e .scouts. and the like, also he is the one who gets the players for the field manager to work with. This scenario would be ideal for a guy like Lee Bullen.

16 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Maybe it is time British football adopted the two edged sword type of management . One guy runs the day to day operations of the team and another deals for players , transfers etc.and handles that side of the club. It is the norm in all North American sports to have a general manager to run the front office i.e .scouts. and the like, also he is the one who gets the players for the field manager to work with. This scenario would be ideal for a guy like Lee Bullen.

I can see where your coming from mate but I don't think some of the managerial greats like Ferguson/Clough etc would have wanted to be told what players they can have, I think we tried a bit of that approach under CC with mixed results.

6 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I can see where your coming from mate but I don't think some of the managerial greats like Ferguson/Clough etc would have wanted to be told what players they can have, I think we tried a bit of that approach under CC with mixed results.

There have been some that worked though i.e. Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison at Man. City in the 60's. One of the guys you mentioned there, Brian Clough got about 90 per cent of his players through Peter Taylor, Brian just rubber stamped Peter's suggestions.

4 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

There have been some that worked though i.e. Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison at Man. City in the 60's. One of the guys you mentioned there, Brian Clough got about 90 per cent of his players through Peter Taylor, Brian just rubber stamped Peter's suggestions.

Do you know I totally forgot about Peter Taylor, what a great pairing those two made.

Just hope Mr Chansiri does not use the same advisor who chose Jos as our manager,Who ever this advisor was just showed he knew nothing about English football,worse choice Mr Chansiri ever made,just ask Lee Westwood that an he would definetly agree with that,nearly made this Brilliant Goalkeeper leave The Owls

2 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

Just hope Mr Chansiri does not use the same advisor who chose Jos as our manager,Who ever this advisor was just showed he knew nothing about English football,worse choice Mr Chansiri ever made,just ask Lee Westwood that an he would definetly agree with that,nearly made this Brilliant Goalkeeper leave The Owls

who is this lee westwood that you speak of? Takes some doing  ......golf in the week .....footy on satdi's.....is the man Paxio or whatever he was called still around?

9 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

who is this lee westwood that you speak of? 

He’s good mates with Kieran Trevino, the well known goalkeeper 

9 hours ago, Pettytom said:

He’s good mates with Kieran Trevino, the well known goalkeeper 

10 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

who is this lee westwood that you speak of? Takes some doing  ......golf in the week .....footy on satdi's.....is the man Paxio or whatever he was called still around?

Par for the course mate!😂

LETS  hope he has great contacts and will keep lee bullen