Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

37 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

The problem when you see a list of managers is that unless Pep Guardiola or Klopp are on it they all seem a little uninspiring, there's no guarantee that a particular man will work well or badly at a particular club, David Wagner's only had a short managerial career with Dortmund's reserve side before coming to England and did remarkably with Huddersfield, Nuno Santos was largely unknown here yet not only stormed the Championship got a very healthy 7th place in the Prem, even Chris Wilder was seen as a step back for many when he was plucked from lowly Northampton, it takes many factors to gain promotion and the manager is just a cog in the wheel (albeit a large one). Whoever is named will get my backing and be judged on what they do for SWFC not for what they have done previously.

Your right, it's a gamble whoever. Bullen is now favourite with the bookies and reckons he's ready so we'll see

So David Moyes is availlable. Don't know what he has been up to since Man U where he was somewhat scapegoated.However, he was solid with Everton for several years. Scottish managers have a great reputation generally in English football over the last 50 years or more. Hey ,why not if he is not too expensive and doesn't have issues with the Championship?

Edited by Ontarian1981

Reading between the lines it,s Bully,s job if he wants it . It appears that a decision will be made when they return from Germany , and he has spoken with DC. or at least thats how i read it.  There is no doubt he has the respect of the players  and he has been around the club long enough to know what  everyone wants especially the fans.  I would think in the time he has been coaching and assisting other managers  he now knows the ropes to take on the role of manager, we have a decent squad of players  and i,m sure LB will have his own ideas of how we go about  being competetive and gaining promotion. We could do far worse than giving LB the job and I for one won,t be to disappointed if he gets it, even though my  choice was Hughton or Jocanovic.  Lets just get it sorted and get on with the job.  

DAVID MOYES sounds great,big sam would be good,there must be more good ones out there bullen would be okay but needs a adviser until hes proven

50 minutes ago, bassett one said:

DAVID MOYES sounds great,big sam would be good,there must be more good ones out there bullen would be okay but needs a adviser until hes proven

BIG Sam would match up with BIG Chansiri

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

He's got nice weather in Qatar, but, it's not real football is it?

The Championship is the place to be, closely followed by the Premier League and then a very weak La Liga.

Being in Qatar is like Lewis Hamilton competing in the UK Go-Cart Championships.

Buy Joko out, and do it now.

Final answer.

I think you have the answer right under your noses.Give the lad the job.

7 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

I think you have the answer right under your noses.Give the lad the job.

Guessing you mean bullen? If so I would mind if he was given a chance

14 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Guessing you mean bullen? If so I would mind if he was given a chance

Well, as always he will be in charge for a while , even if he doesn't get the job officially.

13 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Well, as always he will be in charge for a while , even if he doesn't get the job officially

Not sure about him long term but I'd be willing to see if could do the job

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Not sure about him long term but I'd be willing to see if could do the job

He should have stayed in charge, after Carlos left , instead of hiring that dutch guy. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?  Lol

35 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

He should have stayed in charge, after Carlos left , instead of hiring that dutch guy. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?  Lol

To be fair apart from the Forest game that spell was awful, Jos was worse but it was still awful.

Who's going to be the new swfc manager?                                                   

A lighthearted view. Nothing to get worked up about.

Despite doing a fine job in steadying the sampan at gillsborough in a short space of time, Steve Bruce is now being railed by ungrateful owls fans, here on Sheffield Forum. The only 'crime' Pork Pie Steve has committed is to move to a bigger and better club...Spewcastle United. Porky Steve has got form in jumping ship, so sheffield wednesday should have taken that into account afore employing him in the first plaice. A tiresome Forum owl who demanded that Mr Bruce be given the job, is now demanding that Big Sam Alacarte be given the job as manager at gillsborough.

To prevent owls fans from further misery, which they would get under big Sam, I have decided to apply for the vacancy as manager. If I'm successful in my application, I will be taking as my number two a man with an excellent knowledge of football...Ridgewalk. Mr Ridgewalk will be replacing Lee Bullneck, who has been part of the problem whilst working with wednesday's previous managers. My next move will be to ban owls 'hero' Brian Laws from further commentating on match days, what an embarrassing, jinxing, trunt he is.

Below, please read my letter of application.

To the secretary,

sheffield wednesday football club unlimited,

hillsborough,

Nr.Sheffield.

Dear Sir,

I understand from reading the latest issue of Floodlight News, that you are now in search of a new first team manager.

I'm your man, no question.

It is true that I have no experience at managing a professional football team but then again, neither had Chris Wilder before he took on his first job and he hasn't done too badly, has he?

Johnny Cruyff, Rod Atkinson, Kenny Keegan, Keith Dalglish, they all had to start somewhere.

It is also true that I have never played professional football, but I did once score six goals playing for Birley County School against Markland school, in Creswell, in the mid 60's, after which even our poxy-eyed headmaster was heard to say: "The boy done well."

This, I was led to understand, was an all-time school record. Our team sometimes went half a season without scoring so many.

Hand on heart, I must admit that two of the goals were on the iffy side, or even on the offy side, another was slightly mis-hit, and the Markland goalie wasn't at his absolute best that day, but a record's a record.

I should perhaps warn you that if I get the job I shall only be able to work afternoons. I like to have a lie-in seven mornings a week, but if the buses are on time, I could be down at the ground for half past one or two most days. If need be, you could send one of your club owned taxi's to pick me up.

And I might not be able to get to all the team's matches if, for example, it's my wife's birthday, or there's something special I want to see on TV, or if there's a quiz on at the pub up the road. But I'll try to be there.

I'm very good at handling the media. I'm on personal terms with quite a lot of them, and I know all their favourite tipples, so nudge-nudge, nuff said, there'll be no problems on the publicity front. My number two and I will soon have the club back to where it truly belongs. The sardines also taste salty in foggy Fleetwood, and even in murky Morecambe.

One other thing: I'm very reasonable. Take the lowest offer you get from anybody else, and however many thousands of pounds he's asking per week, I'll do it for half as many.

You can't say fairer than that, can you?

Yours most sportingly.

Zakerious Zakes.