Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

On 15/07/2019 at 21:49, ThatYank said:

Please name Your choice for Replacement and why.

Blade posters.

No suggestions then?

On 16/07/2019 at 15:25, Hotmale 1954 said:

That Yank?  I can't give you a name mate.

I seriously can't.

We're up the Creek without a paddle at the moment.

Even a day later, I'm no nearer a solution.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

47 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Blade posters.

No suggestions then?

Even a day later, I'm no nearer a solution.

Schteeeve McClaren.

Not really our business to be honest

A few more, available, names to choose from (it's boring on an exercise bike):

Pardew, Moyes, Hughes, Jankovic,  Karanke (merry-go-rounders)

Paul Ince, Chris Powell (BAME candidates)

Wenger, Mourinho, Ranieri (Premier League winners, though little Championship experience) 

3 hours ago, KLFC said:

A few more, available, names to choose from (it's boring on an exercise bike):

Pardew, Moyes, Hughes, Jankovic,  Karanke (merry-go-rounders)

Paul Ince, Chris Powell (BAME candidates)

Wenger, Mourinho, Ranieri (Premier League winners, though little Championship experience) 

Jokanovic is managing in Qatar, Ince hasn't managed for five years, Mourinho, really???

I'd concentrate on you RPM's.

17 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Jokanovic is managing in Qatar, Ince hasn't managed for five years, Mourinho, really???

I'd concentrate on you RPM's.

He's joking!

For anyone who fancies Lee Bullen to get the job, the 6/1  at Hills to a £30 stake  seems good value compared to the 6/4 offered by Paddy Power.

My money is in my pocket.

7 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Schteeeve McClaren.

Not really our business to be honest

Most Wednesday things shouldn't be a Blade's business really, but it doesn't stop most of 'em having a (usually) negative opinion on what's happening. Even very positive Wednesday stuff draws negative Blade comments. I'm not a lover of anything United, but I could steady myself to suggest what would be a sensible, feasible replacement for Wilder should the situation arise. I wouldn't suggest Pele or Theresa May for instance.

Just for jolly, should Wilder leave, or retire today (18th July 2019) who would Blades want to replace him?

I'm sure it wouldn't be Schteeve!

I forgot about Jokanavic.

I'd love him to join us.

He had a very good, attractive side at Fulham. Just the style and (potential) 'success' I'd relish.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Jokanovic would probably of been my choice if he wasn't working already

7 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Jokanovic would probably of been my choice if he wasn't working already

He's got nice weather in Qatar, but, it's not real football is it?

The Championship is the place to be, closely followed by the Premier League and then a very weak La Liga.

Being in Qatar is like Lewis Hamilton competing in the UK Go-Cart Championships.

Buy Joko out, and do it now.

Final answer.

23 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

He's got nice weather in Qatar, but, it's not real football is it?

The Championship is the place to be, closely followed by the Premier League and then a very weak La Liga.

Being in Qatar is like Lewis Hamilton competing in the UK Go-Cart Championships.

Buy Joko out, and do it now.

Final answer.

Certainly isn't, he'll be kicking himself for not waiting to get a new job once he sees this job is available. I wouldn't mind if we used some of the compo money to buy him out but he'll not be on small wages there I'm guessing

The problem when you see a list of managers is that unless Pep Guardiola or Klopp are on it they all seem a little uninspiring, there's no guarantee that a particular man will work well or badly at a particular club, David Wagner's only had a short managerial career with Dortmund's reserve side before coming to England and did remarkably with Huddersfield, Nuno Santos was largely unknown here yet not only stormed the Championship got a very healthy 7th place in the Prem, even Chris Wilder was seen as a step back for many when he was plucked from lowly Northampton, it takes many factors to gain promotion and the manager is just a cog in the wheel (albeit a large one). Whoever is named will get my backing and be judged on what they do for SWFC not for what they have done previously.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Most Wednesday things shouldn't be a Blade's business really, but it doesn't stop most of 'em having a (usually) negative opinion on what's happening. Even very positive Wednesday stuff draws negative Blade comments. I'm not a lover of anything United, but I could steady myself to suggest what would be a sensible, feasible replacement for Wilder should the situation arise. I wouldn't suggest Pele or Theresa May for instance.

Just for jolly, should Wilder leave, or retire today (18th July 2019) who would Blades want to replace him?

I'm sure it wouldn't be Schteeve!

I forgot about Jokanavic.

I'd love him to join us.

He had a very good, attractive side at Fulham. Just the style and (potential) 'success' I'd relish.

Theresa May and Pele haven’t managed in the Championship, Schteeve McClaren has