Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

I would have thought that the biggest problem to getting a non merry go round manager is the timing. I would have thought that most decent (even if unknown to us in the UK) European Managers and up and coming younger managers would be in jobs. That means that DC would have to first identify a manager, then ask his current club for permission to speak to the manager and get something sorted. TBH I can't see many clubs giving permission at this late stage as they would possibly then be in the same position as Wednesday. So Unless there is a a Manager out there willing to do a Bruce and resign then I can see this being a bit awkward.

That then leaves one of the usual suspects or a possible out of the blue out of contract European manager who will probably have no working knowledge of the Championship. I have heard said that Bullen doesn't want the job (only from fans not seen this in writing) but surely it is in Wednesday's best interest to ask him to do it for the length of time it takes to get in another permanent manager, even if this entails bringing in people to help him out in the  meantime.

Isn't Arsene Wenger knocking about deciding whether to return to football management? He's a purist, what could be better than working his way up from the championship... That's a bit of a joke of course.

52 minutes ago, stillf said:

I would have thought that the biggest problem to getting a non merry go round manager is the timing. I would have thought that most decent (even if unknown to us in the UK) European Managers and up and coming younger managers would be in jobs. That means that DC would have to first identify a manager, then ask his current club for permission to speak to the manager and get something sorted. TBH I can't see many clubs giving permission at this late stage as they would possibly then be in the same position as Wednesday. So Unless there is a a Manager out there willing to do a Bruce and resign then I can see this being a bit awkward.

That then leaves one of the usual suspects or a possible out of the blue out of contract European manager who will probably have no working knowledge of the Championship. I have heard said that Bullen doesn't want the job (only from fans not seen this in writing) but surely it is in Wednesday's best interest to ask him to do it for the length of time it takes to get in another permanent manager, even if this entails bringing in people to help him out in the  meantime.

The problem is the really good managers have a job the have beens and second hand car salesmen like Brucie and Atkinson are a waste of time.I feel sorry for the Magpie fans who are furious about Brucie .Brucie looks after himself first and always has done.When he cocks that up he will walk straight into another job with out any problem because he is a name .He has no loyalty to who pays his wages if another job comes along that he fancies he will be off again and he will get it.Don't know why he is a lousy manager .Clubs should look at the substance of a guy rather than the name.

He could not have picked a worse time just before the season starts and the transfer market is in full flow .What a guy.That type are all the same .How many clubs has he had?He has only been managing a short while in comparison to other so called top managers I do feel he thought the Owls were beneath him and used them as a stopgap until a bigger job came along but I have a feeling he could have slipped up.If he fails to hit the ground running the fans up there will really get on his back .They do not want him now so a few bad results will really stir the pot.

why not try for big sam hes jobless or harry rednap  or theres also got to be some great foreign managers,but not like our last one please

29 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

The problem is the really good managers have a job the have beens and second hand car salesmen like Brucie and Atkinson are a waste of time.I feel sorry for the Magpie fans who are furious about Brucie .Brucie looks after himself first and always has done.When he cocks that up he will walk straight into another job with out any problem because he is a name .He has no loyalty to who pays his wages if another job comes along that he fancies he will be off again and he will get it.Don't know why he is a lousy manager .Clubs should look at the substance of a guy rather than the name.

He could not have picked a worse time just before the season starts and the transfer market is in full flow .What a guy.That type are all the same .How many clubs has he had?He has only been managing a short while in comparison to other so called top managers I do feel he thought the Owls were beneath him and used them as a stopgap until a bigger job came along but I have a feeling he could have slipped up.If he fails to hit the ground running the fans up there will really get on his back .They do not want him now so a few bad results will really stir the pot.

Isn't Atkinson about 86?

Dream team.........Sir Harry of Rednap and Lee Bullen😁

3 minutes ago, waddy13 said:

Dream team.........Sir Harry of Rednap and Lee Bullen😁

Don"t forget the Jam Roly Poly.

16 hours ago, Longcol said:

It's an anagram of Neil Warnock - I think you can work the rest out 😎

Sorry, still don't get it.That's like saying Silver is an anagram of Elvis Presley i.e. just 6 letters being used out of 12. Colin uses just 5 letters from 11 in Neil Warnock.

Maybe I am missing something here. Lol.

Stop press..........it just clicked in.😂😙

Edited by Ontarian1981

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Isn't Atkinson about 86?

My intentions were not to consider Atkinson but to liken him to Brucie .Both alike in my view.

1 minute ago, petcharlie said:

My intentions were not to consider Atkinson but to liken him to Brucie .Both alike in my view.

I think the slight difference was that Atkinson left a good legacy at S6 and Villa were a far more attractive proposition than Ashley's Newcastle, but I take your point.

Atkinson was a great Manager.

Best Manager Sheffield's had since the Queen was a lass...... well ........... arguably the best.

Wilder could prove to be one of the best Managers ever if he carries on in the same vein, but we'll have to see.

When Atkinson left for Villa, he did so after some time at Hillsborough. Time in which, he brought proper Silverware, some top, top players, attractive, effective football and a club that was 'all for one, and one for all'. There was a  feel good factor throughout the whole club, from cleaners, to senior players.

He deserved a stab at his boyhood club job, but, in my opinion, from a Wednesday fan's perspective, Bruce doesn't.

I hope the Toon fans are zero tolerant.

Nothing would please me more.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Atkinson was a great Manager.

Best Manager Sheffield's had since the Queen was a lass...... well ........... arguably the best.

Wilder could prove to be one of the best Managers ever if he carries on in the same vein, but we'll have to see.

When Atkinson left for Villa, he did so after some time at Hillsborough. Time in which, he brought proper Silverware, some top, top players, attractive, effective football and a club that was 'all for one, and one for all'. There was a  feel good factor throughout the whole club, from cleaners, to senior players.

He deserved a stab at his boyhood club job, but, in my opinion, from a Wednesday fan's perspective, Bruce doesn't.

I hope the Toon fans are zero tolerant.

Nothing would please me more.

It's all history now though, ( Atkinson). Memories eh ?

Meanwhile in 2019.....