Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

I understand a few blades fans are hoping Zola gets the top job

Or even Frank De Boer has been suggested too

12 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Who's Colin?

It's an anagram of Neil Warnock - I think you can work the rest out 😎

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

It's an anagram of Neil Warnock - I think you can work the rest out 😎

Very clever, never knew that   :hihi::hihi::hihi:

2 hours ago, Moistened said:

I don't rate him as a manager, very run of the mill. 

No I meant why will we only have the usual merry-go-round of managers to chose from?

9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

No I meant why will we only have the usual merry-go-round of managers to chose from?

I think you can not go wrong by asking fans of clubs these guys have managed .Go on the fans chat lines and they tell you what they think and how the managers fared at their clubs .If Owls fans had taken the time to ask Villa fans about Brucie they would have known exactly what they were getting they hated him and could not wait to see the back of him. I did similar when it was rumoured Wilder was about to arrive at the Lane and asked at Northhampton and Oxford fans and knew we had found a gem .All the fans wanted him back and gave him glowing reports about his style of play and that he was a winner and how lucky we are to have him.Having said that I think I am right in saying it started off badly with a string of defeats but you knew somehow he would pull it round.

4 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

I think you can not go wrong by asking fans of clubs these guys have managed .Go on the fans chat lines and they tell you what they think and how the managers fared at their clubs .If Owls fans had taken the time to ask Villa fans about Brucie they would have known exactly what they were getting they hated him and could not wait to see the back of him. I did similar when it was rumoured Wilder was about to arrive at the Lane and asked at Northhampton and Oxford fans and knew we had found a gem .All the fans wanted him back and gave him glowing reports about his style of play and that he was a winner and how lucky we are to have him.Having said that I think I am right in saying it started off badly with a string of defeats but you knew somehow he would pull it round.

You did get a gem no doubt, unfortunately English managers like him are a rare breed these days.

My question to the original poster was why did he think we could ONLY choose from the usual pool of dead wood managers who are out there.

6 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

You did get a gem no doubt, unfortunately English managers like him are a rare breed these days.

My question to the original poster was why did he think we could ONLY choose from the usual pool of dead wood managers who are out there.

Yea I thought the same. I'm sure chansiri would pay to get a manager if they were in a job so we'd have more than the run of the mill managers to choose from. 

7 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I do believe Brian the Blade has offered his services.

18 hours ago, KLFC said:

Take your pick: McClaren, Alladarce, Pearson, Monk, Cotterill, Pulis, Atkins, Clement, Hughton, Curbishley, Gary Johnson, Hockerday. . .

As a Crewe Alexandra supporter living in Sheffield, with lots of Utd & Wed supporting friends, I would say your losing Bruce is a huge moment; though I would suggest the opposite for Newcastle swapping Benitez (one of the best there is) for Bruce. Not sure any of those listed would do a better job? Good luck.

None of the above thanks other than maybe hughton but he's ruled out anyway

10 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Of course there are other options, it just seems like the standard route for most clubs these days. 

You went down the out of the blue foreign manager route a couple of times, you went down the merry go round manager route with Bruce, perhaps it is time for a younger manager with something to prove, I just think that the powers that be at Hillsborough will go for someone generic. 

4 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Of course there are other options, it just seems like the standard route for most clubs these days. 

You went down the out of the blue foreign manager route a couple of times, you went down the merry go round manager route with Bruce, perhaps it is time for a younger manager with something to prove, I just think that the powers that be at Hillsborough will go for someone generic. 

Geriatric ? How olds Schteeve ?  The fake cloggie would be a good match.

Dont Wednesday fans want Megson ? One of their own so to speak

7 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Geriatric ? How olds Schteeve ?  The fake cloggie would be a good match.

Dont Wednesday fans want Megson ? One of their own so to speak

Not sure megson would be a long term thing, would like us to find a younger manager.

Not sure what route he'll go, it wasn't a complete failure with Carlos so maybe he'll try that kind of route again seems going British hasn't gone to plan.