What Is Hemmingfield Like?

Considering a move to Hemmingfield, Barnsley. It is a village between Elsecar and Wombwell. Is it a nice area? Not too rough? Any opinions/advice welcome! 

2 hours ago, rcroxall said:

Considering a move to Hemmingfield, Barnsley. It is a village between Elsecar and Wombwell. Is it a nice area? Not too rough? Any opinions/advice welcome! 

I suppose it could depend on where you are now - in terms of comparison! (and what are you looking for? - quiet life? good links? good schools?)

I think it's quite a nice  area. I used to like working around there, always seem nice people. What would put me off is lack of pubs/shops. There are a few but all spread out.

If you aren't bothered about that, then lots of positives. It's obviously now got the A6195 right on the doorstep, not miles away from Elsecar station. It's quiet. A short drive to Wombwell for lots of shops, and all the new builds on the bypass.

It's getting lots built on it though since the new road. It probably end up like areas like Mosbro townships in a few years as land gets bought up. Not my cup of tea, 'NEEDING to use the car type place' even to get a pint of milk. I think house prices will be safe though. Young families when they have children seem to like these places just off main roads and good links.

Edited by *_ash_*