Bob Jackson

Bob was well known on the crown green bowling circuit ,I played against him indoors at Don Valley Stadium and outdoors.He was always down to earth but always polite  and gave me helpful help to try to improve my game .He will be greatly missed by the bowling teams etc RIP

4 hours ago, 19IDH said:

Bob was well known on the crown green bowling circuit ,I played against him indoors at Don Valley Stadium and outdoors.He was always down to earth but always polite  and gave me helpful help to try to improve my game .He will be greatly missed by the bowling teams etc RIP

Let's hope he'll be remembered for starting Praise and Grumble rather than the Sheffield Half Marathon farce. I think he had a raw deal there. RI P Robert.

A well remembered guy who has a well earned place in the history of Sheffield sport. RIP Bob !

3 hours ago, Runningman said:

A well remembered guy who has a well earned place in the history of Sheffield sport. RIP Bob !

Great voice, Praise and Grumble was a fantastic idea. A true gent. RIP Bob Jackson.

I’m sure he was married to Mary Jackson who I use to know, she was a keen bowler to. I don’t know if she is still alive.  She did voluntarily work for the Abbeyfield Care Home.  

RIP

I played against him at Wickersley Bowling club ,al the way thru the match i kept thinking i know that voice . Athe end of the game i said , im sure i recognize yore voice and he just turned to me and said PRAISE AND GRUMBLE LAD . straight away i knew and we both had a good laugh . What a nice bloke.

Jim.

what was praise and grumble please

i remember bob jackson from many years ago when he ran praise and grumble on his own he knew how to handle awkward callers not like the crew we listen to in recent years who are sometimes sarcastic and ignorant with some callers ,where they did there media training god only knows, R,I,P mr jackson

2 hours ago, cors said:

what was praise and grumble please

Praise and Grumble was a radio show where listeners rang in to either praise or grumble about their local football team on a Saturday night.