Scotts Barber closed?

Does anyone know why Scott’s barbers in the wicker is closed.

Thanks my husband has been going there for years and this morning when he went it was closed but no sign saying why 

Bob told me just after Christmas he was selling up because he wasn't making any money,  footfall had dropped and the type of shops that surrounded him were very dubious to say the least, one barber across the road stayed open until well after midnight,  ask yourself what we're they really selling.

I've been a customer of Scotts for forty years and I hate having to go elsewhere. 

On 13/07/2019 at 14:02, lazarus said:

Bob told me just after Christmas he was selling up because he wasn't making any money,  footfall had dropped and the type of shops that surrounded him were very dubious to say the least, one barber across the road stayed open until well after midnight,  ask yourself what we're they really selling.

I've been a customer of Scotts for forty years and I hate having to go elsewhere. 

Can I ask you what they were really selling?

On 13/07/2019 at 11:13, Janet Anne said:

Thanks my husband has been going there for years and this morning when he went it was closed but no sign saying why 

Mine did similar, hence no hair cut for 2 years.  :hihi: I'm not a fan of change, even though most people say, just go to another one, or ask for one in particular in previous one.

Blokes don't ask for a particular barber do they?! I just preferred my old one as for 18 years, just cut and doesn't ask me many questions as knows I'm not a chit-chatter.

I can remember when he first opened on Nursery street. It was called Constantines before and run by 2 old gentlemen who had and kept it in the old fashioned style. Brass taps and all. After them it was called Alfredos I think.

Edited by Kidorry

I think the Scotts that has just closed was the second of their premises in the Wicker, the original was further towards the arches next to Frederich's pork butchers who were on the Willey Street corner-both buildings still there.

On 20/07/2019 at 11:47, Kidorry said:

I can remember when he first opened on Nursery street. It was called Constantines before and run by 2 old gentlemen who had and kept it in the old fashioned style. Brass taps and all. After them it was called Alfredos I think.

Wasn't it next to Van Winkles cafe on Nursery St in the 50s ?/

Yes you are right there and they served the best apple pie and custard around.