Co-Op Ecclesall Rd Selling Milk In Glass Bottles.

3 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

Well done. Do you want a medal?

Why so rude? (especially someone been here so long) - this isn't twit/face!

A lot of people these days still like to use local businesses, and this is how you tell people what you're doing.

4 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Why so rude? (especially someone been here so long) - this isn't twit/face!

A lot of people these days still like to use local businesses, and this is how you tell people what you're doing.

Well it's blatant advertising. 

Just to be clear, I think it's a good idea.  I'm merely jesting saying the recycling process is 'right on', you might also call it 'common decency' if you want, or even at a macro level 'making economic sense'. But it needs proper systems behind it otherwise people will just lob these in the normal bin, or the recycling bin (fine but is that green enough?), or smash them on the road or in the playground.

The old milk deliveries system worked well. Milk was delivered by almost silent electric vehicles driven by cheery whistling milkpersons. But times change. Consumer demand changed. So that system was dismantled. Maybe something similar can be reconstructed, but only if there is a market for it, or the govt decides to back it with regulation.

Does anyone remember the original shape of Glass Milk Bottles?.. Wide at the bottom but slender at the top.

A bit like a Pint glass (UPSIDEDOWN!!). I used to love those bottles. Are those the ones used by the OP?

Edited by FinBak

21 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Well done. Do you want a medal?   (to quote you)

They've survived for 3 generations, so they coped without the internet.

It's a local forum so people discuss things about the place.

Advertising is obviously frowned upon, but if they were posting really blatant advertising, and spamming the place it's a different matter.  Yo udon't see many negative posts about them, and if they were bad, it would be known and posted about a lot in here.

Look at the going out section, what is that then?

'Come to my pub, we have a quiz'... what's wrong with that? I want to know what's going on. If you don't, just use twit face

On 16/07/2019 at 00:25, Colin Foster said:

Are you maybe not just a little sorry that you aren't involved in this wonderful family business ?

Just be pleased that this local business is doing well .

Don't become bitter and twisted mate - get over it.

2 minutes ago, Daven said:

Are you maybe not just a little sorry that you aren't involved in this wonderful family business ?

Just be pleased that this local business is doing well .

Don't become bitter and twisted mate - get over it.

I"ve been to one of their open days, very friendly and informative, lovely day out, enjoyed it.

On 16/07/2019 at 00:25, Colin Foster said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... well they do appear to be milking it a bit! ;)