Sign in to follow this  

How Many Books Do You Read A Year?

How many books would you say you read per year, on average? Is reading more among the things you include in your New Year's resolution? 😕

50-60 ish I think. 

It depends on the book. I read my last Pat Barker in two days, others may take a bit longer. It also depends on what I'm doing....long train journey tomorrow then two nights in a hotel in the middle of nowhere plus the train journey back...I'll probably take 3 books.

I read about 3 a week.  Sometimes more, sometimes less.  I don't watch much telly, so books are the thing for me. 

I read a book once...green it was!

I use to buy the odd book from charity shops.  Last year I was walking through the  Library and they had a sale on, selling books they no longer needed.  I bought a book for 50p and finally got round to reading it just after Christmas.  It was very good so I went back to the library looking for more books by the same author to borrow.  It takes me about 2 to 3 weeks to read a book, but I now go to the Library about every six weeks.

I’m ashamed to say I didn’t know how to use the self service machines at first because I’ve never used the Library for years and had to be shown by the librarian.

Reading books wasn’t a new New Year’s resolution, I just happened to enjoy reading a book I bought from the Library sale at the beginning of the year.

12 hours ago, Nightbird said:

I read a book once...green it was!

Have a job in the prison library, Heslop!

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Have a job in the prison library, Heslop!

hehe.

It all depends, i read a recent release by the author of the dry in 2 days, the last Reacher in 3 days, but i've  just read the latest Connelly and it has been a drag to find the time and nearly 3 weeks to complete it.

On 09/07/2019 at 08:47, hauxwell said:

I use to buy the odd book from charity shops.  Last year I was walking through the  Library and they had a sale on, selling books they no longer needed.  I bought a book for 50p and finally got round to reading it just after Christmas.  It was very good so I went back to the library looking for more books by the same author to borrow.  It takes me about 2 to 3 weeks to read a book, but I now go to the Library about every six weeks.

I’m ashamed to say I didn’t know how to use the self service machines at first because I’ve never used the Library for years and had to be shown by the librarian.

Reading books wasn’t a new New Year’s resolution, I just happened to enjoy reading a book I bought from the Library sale at the beginning of the year.

As a librarian - love this, well done hauxwell! If we don't use libraries, they disappear. Never worry about asking a librarian anything, that is what we are there for.

40, 50, I don't really know.  Perhaps my kindle history could tell me.

On 22/07/2019 at 20:31, tzijlstra said:

As a librarian - love this, well done hauxwell! If we don't use libraries, they disappear. Never worry about asking a librarian anything, that is what we are there for.

Thank you for that.  I’m a member of Gateshead and Newcastle Library apart from borrowing books I have been to some very good talks on various subjects.

I’m just off to change my books at the Gateshead Central Library and meet a friend in their coffee shop, it’s got a nice atmosphere.  

I’ve always found the staff friendly and helpful.