Sheffield Clean Air Zone

I questioned that guy via FB Messenger and he had not even read the DEFRA reports for Sheffield... he was just a bored student ...

13 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Since when has living in a place been a pre-qualification for working on a project that’s happening there?

These are professional engineers and planners who will do a good job, wherever they happen to live.

Yeah

Look at train station

3million quid and developed by Leeds architects 

5 hours ago, deam1967 said:

Yeah

Look at train station

3million quid and developed by Leeds architects 

And your point is?

£3m for what exactly?

Isn't the current station setup better than it used to be though?

Used to be a sodding free-for-all when the public were allowed to drop off at the door, you'd always get some ignorant tosser blocking the drop-off zone waiting for someone.

4 hours ago, Planner1 said:

And your point is?

£3m for what exactly?

For a poor design of traffic flow 

15 minutes is bad.

But that's hardly normal. I do a similar pickup once a fortnight (my wife, after work, 6ish), and it's usually a piece of cake.

10 hours ago, geared said:

Isn't the current station setup better than it used to be though?

Used to be a sodding free-for-all when the public were allowed to drop off at the door, you'd always get some ignorant tosser blocking the drop-off zone waiting for someone.

The public now aren't supposed to go into the Drop-Off area and wait to pick-up. This is the ENTIRE problem around the station. (the same thing happens at airports, and why now everything is split, timed, and paid for) we really don't want this.

To pick up you are supposed to go into the car-park for free (30 mins time). Very few do, and that causes this. It's rarely 'policed' by station staff, and everyone knows it. Stick a camera on there and a £60 fine, and I'm telling you, word would spread,

8 hours ago, deam1967 said:

For a poor design of traffic flow 

yes, and even if what I wrote about fines happened,. it probably would still be bad. as the entry system to the car park is slow.

5 hours ago, ads36 said:

15 minutes is bad.

But that's hardly normal. I do a similar pickup once a fortnight (my wife, after work, 6ish), and it's usually a piece of cake.

I'm glad you wrote that, as it shows me that you don't know what you're talking about, like your earlier posts already made me suspect.

Edited by *_ash_*

I've had the letter from council saying they propose to charge me £10 per day to enter the city centre unless I buy an electric,hydrogen,or LPG  black cab But,BUT buses ,coaches can enter with the cleanest STANDARD  petrol or diesel??!. Where is the equality in that?. All by 2021. They will give me a grant (believe it when I see it) to help.at the moment there is only 1 electric black cab £60,000 . I will buy 10 with my minimum wage(oh yes)!.

2 hours ago, rayggb said:

I've had the letter from council saying they propose to charge me £10 per day to enter the city centre unless I buy an electric,hydrogen,or LPG  black cab But,BUT buses ,coaches can enter with the cleanest STANDARD  petrol or diesel??!. Where is the equality in that?. All by 2021. They will give me a grant (believe it when I see it) to help.at the moment there is only 1 electric black cab £60,000 . I will buy 10 with my minimum wage(oh yes)!.

I got mine yesterday too.

Have you filled in the online bit.lies yet? I found it difficult to fill in due to the loaded nature of them.

The leaflet doesn't say much more than the online thing. Other than interest free loans for the LEVC. 60k even interest free (though could be 70k, I don't know if you'd still get the 10k govt grant on an interest free loan) is too much with more Calderdales and Kirkless diluting the work every week.

(edit, checked again, I'm not eligible anyway, only available to current hacks whose vehicles are unable to be converted to LPG) - to be honest, that's something new, I didn't know diesels could use LPG!, learn something every day)

In other news, I HAVE now found a dealer that is doing Teslas. I found it on the London Taxi forum. £300 a week to rent one. If I add my insurance onto that, (£60 for current, could be more in a tesla), last week I would have taken £34 in 7 days. Knock off electric bills and probably a loss.

It came to light also that charge points average around £0.39 per kWh. My home electric is nearly £0.12. So charge points are not going to be cheap either.

Edited by *_ash_*

£300 a week for a Tesla?  Ouch!

The battery (in the one you need for Taxi work) is 75kWh, at 39p per kWh you're looking at nearly 30 quid to charge it.

Is everyone just going to get licenced from another council and dodge the charge?

I think I'll just refuse to drop in the city centre.i suppose it could be a spur to get a proper job after 30 years of putting it off!. I suppose We could also create a virtual city centre on the tinternet?,maybe that's a way to get round it,drive a virtual taxi from my bedroom!,wow who says I'm not MODERN!.