Sheffield Clean Air Zone

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

200 miles on one charge?

Yes.

Even if you did run low, you'd have to stop, for about an hour, maybe less, to recharge.

200 miles is what, 4 hours? You'll be stopping for a coffee and a toilet break anyway - may as well plug the car in.

If he ran low and had to stop with a fare on board I can’t see his fare being too happy waiting around for an hour while the car gets recharged 

7 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

If he ran low and had to stop with a fare on board I can’t see his fare being too happy waiting around for an hour while the car gets recharged 

Nor can I see a coffee and toilet break lasting for an hour...

But it could be done, with only minor inconvenience.

400 miles is what, 8 hours driving? Stop for lunch.

Edited by ads36

7 hours ago, ads36 said:

But it could be done, with only minor inconvenience.

400 miles is what, 8 hours driving? Stop for lunch.

And hope you can find a charging point where you stop, or one that doesn't add ANOTHER 10 miles to the job.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

And hope you can find a charging point where you stop, or one that doesn't add ANOTHER 10 miles to the job.

Or isn't already occupied by another vehicle being charged.

you don't have to 'find' them, they're on sat-nav, loads of them. - it's almost as if it's basically the same as stopping for petrol/diesel.

we have to do something about air pollution. SCC have released a draft/consultation, and it seems our response is :  it'll make it slightly inconvenient for taxi drivers to make a rare, unplanned, 400mile round trip. 

Tesla : model 3.

range : 300 miles (enough for a long night in sheffield?)

hire purchase : £5k deposit, 59 monthly payments of £500

9 minutes ago, ads36 said:

you don't have to 'find' them, they're on sat-nav, loads of them. - it's almost as if it's basically the same as stopping for petrol/diesel.

we have to do something about air pollution. SCC have released a draft/consultation, and it seems our response is :  it'll make it slightly inconvenient for taxi drivers to make a rare, unplanned, 400mile round trip. 

Oh good, they have got the recharge time down to about 5 minutes have they?

If SCC is so intent on reducing air pollution, perhaps they could tell the drivers of the mini busses not to sit with their diesel engines running all the time as they wait to pick someone up, 10 minutes this morning!  This has been happening every week day school morning for years.

18 minutes ago, Phili Buster said:

Oh good, they have got the recharge time down to about 5 minutes have they?

If SCC is so intent on reducing air pollution, perhaps they could tell the drivers of the mini busses not to sit with their diesel engines running all the time as they wait to pick someone up, 10 minutes this morning!  This has been happening every week day school morning for years.

How many times have you reported it?

41 minutes ago, ads36 said:

If that's a new vehicle that's a staggeringly good deal. Cheapest I've seen is a low spec model 3 at £42k.

You don't mean a lease do you?

57 minutes ago, ads36 said:

Why do you keep repeating the same nonsense despite @*_ash_* telling you over and over again you can't get the same car at that price for use as a Taxi??

You're throwing around numbers that are not just totally irrelevant to this topic, they're also extremely misleading:

Any Tesla at that price point will have a drastically reduced yearly mileage, was that deal even 10K/year??  Was it 5k/year??  Do you realise the kind of mileage a Taxi driver does in a year?

The standard model 3 can't do anywhere near 300 miles on a charge, even the long range version struggles to make that, the long range model is also significantly more expensive.

37 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

If that's a new vehicle that's a staggeringly good deal. Cheapest I've seen is a low spec model 3 at £42k.

You don't mean a lease do you?

I think it is a lease, which reminds me of something I think Chaz said around page 1 about paying money for something that you don't get to actually own at the end.

I think that will be the future, all sorts of mini lease/hire purchase agreements, then at the end you hand it back and it gets repurposed/upcycled/dismantled and parts reused.  It's all part of this circular economy that people are advocating, even IKEA is doing it with their kitchens (Yes, you rent/lease a kitchen,...). 

It makes me feel very uneasy, but is being pushed as being more environmentally friendly. I dunno though.

Edited by Eddie_shef

I just want to know where my last post has gone... 🤷🏽