What Exactly Is Dan Jarvis Doing?

Not a good move:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/council/ps700-a-day-is-this-the-best-paid-pr-job-in-yorkshire-66607

14 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

I think Barnsley and Donny wanted to be in a Yorkshire Region, not specifically Leeds, though I could be wrong.

Barnsley is already in the Leeds City Region, as well as Sheffield,  and has had benefits from that relationship. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_City_Region

See also; https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/news/barnsley-to-benefit-from-leeds-city-region-s-better-homes-programme/

It's a bit of a dogs dinner!

He says he wants someone to build on our achievements.it would be very interesting if someone could tell us what these achievements have been

blindingly obvious that combining the posts was not a good idea

Surely its not his fault if his "achievements" are small, given the post is very limited in political power and scope. His replacement will have exactly the same problem.

I am simply asking what his achievements were he says he wants someone to build on them so presumably he thinks he has achieved something. 

he gave us a vision for transport in the area but I am not sure what he has done to implement it , we had the bus report well he certainly has got nowhere with it.

he could simply say he was a waste of space and achieved nothing  mind you not sure what he has achieved as an MP

Could Jarvis have his eyes on a ministerial position IF Labour wins the next general election and that is the reason he has decided to step down as Mayor.  He still wants to remain as an MP.

Never mind Shadow Cabinet roles, Jarvis was being billed a s a future Labour Leader.... nay, a future Labour Prime Minister! The man who would bring Labour success like the second coming of Blair and the darling of the Fabians.

Few politicians have had such high expectations and failed so comprehensively to, well, to do anything at all that anyone knows about. I've heard more about his tragic family circumstances than I have heard about his political and social achievements. 

Dan Who indeed.

16 hours ago, Tony said:

Few politicians have had such high expectations and failed so comprehensively to, well, to do anything at all that anyone knows about. I've heard more about his tragic family circumstances than I have heard about his political and social achievements. 

Dan Who indeed.

I would disagree with the contention that few politicians have had such high expectations and failed so comprehensively but certainly agree that he has failed  comprehensively