Why Does Win10 Prevent Copy & Paste ?

I am referring to a situation where you come across a paragraph of tx on a website that is interesting enough to save.

I have not encountered this problem with other OS. I am assuming it is Win10 causing the issue-am using firefox.  I copy the tx, then when I try to past it, I just get the small blue buffering kind of circle. That stops & dissapears eventually, and no tx has been pasted, there is just the same blank screen.

Edited by Ghozer

If it is a picture or other type of document that doesn't include plain text then no computer would be able to recognise the text or copy it. whereas if the text is html like in a standard web page text then it will copy and paste just fine. Nothing to do with windows 10.

Windows 10 won't be stopping it,  theres probably some other cause, or something you're doing / not doing...

What could the other possible causes be? 

Only reason I suggested Win10 as the reason is because I've not come across the issue previously on older system.

If you post the url of the website, then we can give you a technically accurate answer instead of just philosophising about it and creating a thread that runs to 11 pages.

Hi Janus, I have just copy/paste the following from your post  "situation where you come across a paragraph of tx on a website that is interesting enough to save.

I have not encountered this problem with other OS. I am ass"  which seems ok.    Or is this not what you mean?

I have been back on SF a few times since I started this thread, but kept forgetting to check progress of this thread-my apologies.

Lecro & muddy coffee
I have tried several sites, and I experience the same problem. One significant aspect is that I can usually C&P one line of tx, but not a paragraph?? Not even  a 6 line one.

Phil Buster,
I have always been able to C&P a whole page for example when using win98 or winXP,  but not with win10 -maybe a coincidence. Something is preventing me from C &P.

Not sure if I have answered your question? Let me know. The win98 went yonks ago. I still have the XP stored upstairs but it has a boot problem so not in use.

Edited by Janus

Had no problems using either firefox or chrome to ctrl-c ctrl-v under Win10 - do it dozens of times a day.

I usually paste any text copied from a web page into notepad, this is because of hidden formatting, links etc. contained within the webpage.

On 19/07/2019 at 21:22, _lecro_ said:

What happens if you try another browser ?

I will try edge. FF is set as the default.

4 hours ago, gillybear said:

I usually paste any text copied from a web page into notepad, this is because of hidden formatting, links etc. contained within the webpage.

I have aways pasted to a works  suite document since 2000. 

I have just tried copy & paste using Edge and that works ok.   The problem must be something within the Firefox settings.