Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

3 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I doubt they'll put average speed cameras up.

That part of the Parkway is not suitable for average speed cameras.

They are usually placed at one mile intervals and given that the stretch from the Handsworth junction to the Motorway is less than two miles long and people will be braking for J31 about half a mile out from the roundabout you would probably see very few drivers averaging over 55 mph on that stretch.

Apart from teenage boys, most drivers drive at speed over long distances. They don’t usually go flat out for less than a mile before having to brake for a junction or a roundabout.

55 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Driving at 20 miles an hour below the limit on a motorway without good reason is impeding traffic.

As has been pointed out to you several times now.   Not maintaining progression is a driving test failure and inconsiderate driving is an offence and something which you could be penalised for if you are deemed to be causing a hazard to others.  

Not exactly difficult to pick bones out of it was it.  

You may enjoy your high and mighty selfishness at the moment but tick tock tick tock.... 

Depending if there is a high volume of traffic on the motorway you somtimes have to go at 50 in the slow lane, less buisier then I go at 60.  I have never been penalised for this and never will be.  Dont tell me how to drive  Ive  been driving 45years no accidents and  no police pulling me over.  So shuvv  your version of  impeding traffic where the sun doesn't shine.:rant:

6 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Depending if there is a high volume of traffic on the motorway you somtimes have to go at 50 in the slow lane, less buisier then I go at 60.  I have never been penalised for this and never will be.  Dont tell me how to drive  Ive  been driving 45years no accidents and  no police pulling me over.  So shuvv  your version of  impeding traffic where the sun doesn't shine.:rant:

Wow.   A surprisingly rude childish response from someone who is at least approaching pensioner age. 

It clearly explains so much.      I am not prepared to waste any more time on you.         

Edited by ECCOnoob

11 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

tick tock tick tock....

Not my version mate.   Traffic law but you know best obviously.  

Everybody  cant drive at 70mph at the same time. Grow up. :roll:.  

Edited by PRESLEY

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

We were specifically talking about times when there was no good reason to drive slowly though weren't we.  You are impeding traffic if you're travelling at 50 on the motorway in light or moderate traffic with no inclement weather.

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Everybody  cant drive at 70mph at the same time. Grow up. :roll:.  

You've got some really odd ideas haven't you.  Perhaps you can explain why all the cars on the motorway in light traffic can't be doing 70?

5 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You are impeding traffic if you're travelling at 50 on the motorway in light or moderate traffic with no inclement weather.

Get real Cyclone..

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Get real Cyclone..

Mate got pulled other week for not going fast enough on m62.  Cop asked him if he had a problem with car ,mate replied I’m trying to get max mpg ,cop replied get a move on 

Edited by rudds1

27 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

We were specifically talking about times when there was no good reason to drive slowly though weren't we.  You are impeding traffic if you're travelling at 50 on the motorway in light or moderate traffic with no inclement weather.

You've got some really odd ideas haven't you.  Perhaps you can explain why all the cars on the motorway in light traffic can't be doing 70?

321, your back in the room. :loopy:

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That part of the Parkway is not suitable for average speed cameras.

They are usually placed at one mile intervals and given that the stretch from the Handsworth junction to the Motorway is less than two miles long and people will be braking for J31 about half a mile out from the roundabout you would probably see very few drivers averaging over 55 mph on that stretch.

Apart from teenage boys, most drivers drive at speed over long distances. They don’t usually go flat out for less than a mile before having to brake for a junction or a roundabout.

It's a long enough stretch to reach and stay at 70mph.

The insults can cease. If you wish to attack an argument fine, attacking the poster isn't. Continue with this and you will find your accounts suspended.

7 hours ago, Cyclone said:

That's because it's clearly just a nonsense phrase.  High acceleration impacts or bits of car making holes in your body kill you.  Blunt force trauma or exsanguination.  Speed doesn't do a damn thing.

Nor does speed alone determine the likelihood of having an accident, or motorways would be the most dangerous roads in the country, and yet they aren't.

Inappropriate speed increases the risk of an accident, and you drive at an inappropriate speed on several types of road.

Actually, it is rapid deceleration that kills. Basic physics really. 

More basic physics: the higher the speed the higher the potential for rapid deceleration. Therefore, speed does kill.

No such thing as deceleration, being pedantic, it's just acceleration with a particular vector.

Potential doesn't do anything, that's why it's a potential.  QED speed doesn't kill.

If you want more proof, think about how fast we're rotating on the surface of the earth, think about how fast we orbit the sun, think about how fast the sun is moving within the galaxy.  Speed is not harmful in any way.

9 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

321, your back in the room. :loopy:

Is this an admission that you can't explain...