Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Nice one. You've done some fantastic work trolling on this thread and it's been quite entertaining at times, I have to admit.

:thumbsup:. goodnight mate.

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

Me neither - very grateful to them - they certainly drummed the lessons home - one was that you don't really learn to drive until you've passed your test.

Happy to say I passed first time and have done nigh on 500,000 accident free  miles since.

Good stuff...I actually failed My First Driving test..!. My Driving Instructor couldn't fathom why>?

My First test was at Milldlewood and lasted almost an hour..!

My Driving Instructor re-arranged the test for the next day at Manor top..

After 20 Minutes of Driving I passed..!

Work that one out?

14 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

The speed limit might say70mph but do you really have to  do what the sign says what if you see a sign saying drive of a cliff. I suppose you would do that too. :loopy:

You really do have to do what the speed limit is, or close to it, if conditions allow, otherwise you're driving badly.

Sorry, but that's you.

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Simple,  70mph is fast, speed limit has nothing to do with. at 70 mph you are speeding.

If the speed limit was 100mph Cyclone would say 70 is to slow.

You sound like you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

12 hours ago, makapaka said:

Nope - never said anything about dropping speed limits to 30 and then 10. 

Strawman.

Not a strawman, unless you can explain why 50 is correct and your argument can't then be extended to 30 or 10...  Obviously it can, 50 is entirely arbitrary, so is 30, 10, 8, 14, any number we care to dream up that is lower than the current limit is "safer" and so your argument applies.  So explain why 50 is correct and not 70 or 30.

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Since when has it been obligatory to drive near the speed limit.

This has been explained to you multiple times now.  We know you don't want to accept it, but you can't just pretend it's not the case.

Edited by Cyclone

4 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You really do have to do what the speed limit is, or close to it, if conditions allow, otherwise you're driving badly.

Sorry, but that's you.

You sound like you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Plenty of safe driving awards says otherwise.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I think it's become quite clear that you're just a troll.  You probably don't even drive, passing your test in the 60's (if that was even true) would make your age quite advanced, I'm sure you have a free bus pass that you prefer to use.

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I think it's become quite clear that you're just a troll.  You probably don't even drive, passing your test in the 60's (if that was even true) would make your age quite advanced, I'm sure you have a free bus pass that you prefer to use.

Couple of yrs back, you sent me pm asking if I knew your dad, remember.. 41yrs as a professional driver, blameworthy accident free. please don"t reveal my profession , Don"t want anymore ridicule.

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

The ones you award yourself in your head after a day's crawling along don't count.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Couple of yrs back, you sent me pm asking if I knew your dad, remember.. 41yrs as a professional driver, blameworthy accident free. please don"t reveal my profession , Don"t want anymore ridicule.

I didn't remember, but sure, I wouldn't reveal personal information.

Perhaps that profession has coloured your perception of speed though.  Or maybe it's just being old...  I haven't been on the motorway with my Dad driving for a long time, but I wonder if he drives a bit slower now that he's heading towards 70.

If at the age of 70, driving at 70 feels like speeding, it's probably time to reassess whether you are a competent driver, not just IMO, but under the rules of the road.

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I didn't remember, but sure, I wouldn't reveal personal information.

Perhaps that profession has coloured your perception of speed though.  Or maybe it's just being old...  I haven't been on the motorway with my Dad driving for a long time, but I wonder if he drives a bit slower now that he's heading towards 70.

If at the age of 70, driving at 70 feels like speeding, it's probably time to reassess whether you are a competent driver, not just IMO, but under the rules of the road.

I still drive, go up to Brid on a regular basis, 1hr 50mins on a clear run.. I will be perfectly honest with you, I only use motorways of peak, do not like motorways when they are busy.. East Midlands airport Wed 14th Aug 2pm flight not looking forward to the drive..

Lot of the posts I have made have been taken completely out of text, and twisted round to make me look incompetent.

I'm not sure that's true, it's certainly not deliberate.

Multiple times you've deliberately called driving at 70 speeding, we all know it isn't.

You've said multiple times that you won't and don't drive at a speed above 50, there's no twisting there, it makes you sound incompetent, very nervous and slightly dangerous.

I think you called 30 "racing around", which sounds ludicrous.

On 08/07/2019 at 17:54, Padders said:

I"m with you Presley, I"m sick of these people who think if the speed limit is 70, you must drive as close as possible to 70.

Nothing wrong at all with 50/60.

The majority of this thread now exists because you and before you Presley have tried to justify driving significantly below the speed limit.  Presely in fact declared that it was dangerous to drive at 70, I note that he's been gone from the thread for a while now though.

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I'm not sure that's true, it's certainly not deliberate.

Multiple times you've deliberately called driving at 70 speeding, we all know it isn't.

You've said multiple times that you won't and don't drive at a speed above 50, there's no twisting there, it makes you sound incompetent, very nervous and slightly dangerous.

I think you called 30 "racing around", which sounds ludicrous.

The majority of this thread now exists because you and before you Presley have tried to justify driving significantly below the speed limit.  Presely in fact declared that it was dangerous to drive at 70, I note that he's been gone from the thread for a while now though.

Cyclone much as I value your opinions on most threads, I have to strongly disagree with you on this one.

70 is going very fast, so I call it speeding.

I have never said multiple times that I won"t and don"t drive above 50, I have simply stated rightly or wrongly that driving at 50 on a motorway is not incompetent driving.

Racing around at 30 I said on estates, a few yrs back very true, what have the authorities done since, introduced a 20mph limit on estates and outside schools, and yet some drivers still ignore it.

You know full well that "speeding" specifically means "exceeding the posted speed limit" though, so why use deliberately misleading language?

So do you or do you not drive at 50mph on the motorway?

You didn't mention "on estates", perhaps that's what you meant.