Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

27 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Some people on here seem to think so. :loopy:

Speed merchants mate...………. Simple.

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

Speed merchants mate...………. Simple.

Accident causers.  :roll:

Does not matter what they make speed limit ,some drivers just won’t stick to it anyway 

Just now, rudds1 said:

Does not matter what they make speed limit ,some drivers just won’t stick to it anyway 

Spot on Rudds.. It really riles me when people criticise how I drive.. I"m a steady driver and adhere to the rules of the road. went to East Midlands airport last year.. halfway there the heavens opened (cloudburst) dropped my speed down to 30/40 nearside lane, other drivers carried on at 60/70 plus. maniacs. 

must add you could"nt see a thing.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Spot on Rudds.. It really riles me when people criticise how I drive.. I"m a steady driver and adhere to the rules of the road. went to East Midlands airport last year.. halfway there the heavens opened (cloudburst) dropped my speed down to 30/40 nearside lane, other drivers carried on at 60/70 plus. maniacs. 

must add you could"nt see a thing.

Had a  similar incident not too long ago. Was in truck heavens opened up so like yourself I slowed down. Got mr Porsche driver right up my rear lights. As he went past he gave me the finger and speed off. Next minute I see him spinning in to barrier all because he won’t slow down 

I think if a speeder has caused accident he/she if still alive  should be banned for life. :roll:

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Accident causers.  :roll:

Most collisions occur at or under the speed limit. 

One study in the US after a state increased their roads from 55 to 65mph actually saw a decrease in fatality rates.

Charles Lave and Patrick Elias. "Did the 65 MPH Speed Limit Save Lives?" Accident Analysis and Prevention, 26.1 (1994), p. 49. 
"We find that the 65 mph limit reduced statewide fatality rate by 3.4% to 5.1%, compared to those states that did not raise their speed limit."

So going at a higher speed isn't the killer you make out. 

Seriously, if you're that nervous a driver you need to question whether you should drive at all. Bus passes don't cost a lot these days. 

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I think if a speeder has caused accident he/she if still alive  should be banned for life. :roll:

As should those who drive <5mph under the limit where conditions do not require it. After-all under driving test conditions it would cause the learner driver to fail the test. 

Edited by Resident

16 minutes ago, Resident said:

Yes they do.. but most deaths occur over the speed limit.

I do think the parkway needs a toll, maybe £5 per car

To help combat climate change

Future generations will not forgive us if we don't act now

53 minutes ago, Resident said:

One study in the US after a state increased their roads from 55 to 65mph actually saw a decrease in fatality rates.

Charles Lave and Patrick Elias. "Did the 65 MPH Speed Limit Save Lives?" Accident Analysis and Prevention, 26.1 (1994), p. 49. 
"We find that the 65 mph limit reduced statewide fatality rate by 3.4% to 5.1%, compared to those states that did not raise their speed limit."

Seriously, if you're that nervous a driver you need to question whether you should drive at all. Bus passes don't cost a lot these days. 

As should those who drive <5mph under the limit where conditions do not require it. After-all under driving test conditions it would cause the learner driver to fail the test. 

Err get banned for life for driving 5mph under,  oh yeh thats far more serious than killing someone. :loopy:

1 hour ago, Resident said:

So a learner driver, driving at 24 mph on his test would fail.

A learner driver racing round at 30 mph would pass.

find that very strange.

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Not necessarily.  It might just be marked as a driving fault.  It depends on an interpretation from the examiner.  

I find it remarkable that, on such a forum, the context of a driving test failure comes up time and time again as down to use of speed when there are dozens of other ways you can fail (and many of these errors are committed by your average driver) but they are never mentioned. 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dl25&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgdii=ejDU8AP7lrk6gM:&imgrc=PXVzvYIID53CXM: