Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

27 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Depends on how far you're travelling.

For me to use the M6 from Preston to Carlisle:

At 70 mph: 1 hour, 35 minutes

At 50 mph: 2 hours, 13 minutes

I'd rather have that extra 45 minutes not stuck behind the wheel.

More haste less speed. :roll:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

How do you work that out? (It doesn't even make sense)

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Speed = Distance

Time

(which means that Time = Distance

Speed)

11 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

How do you work that out? (It doesn't even make sense)

Neither does speeding.  Anyhow just use your font of knowledge, in your case google it like you usually do. :hihi:

5 hours ago, makapaka said:

If the speed limit was 50mph - and everyone stuck to it - it would be safer for everyone with minimal impact on travel times though.

I think it should be considered.

Well, that's it then, speed limits everywhere to be dropped to 50.  And then 30.  And then 10.

That's basically your argument.

5 hours ago, Easy livin said:

not even slightly irrelevant. 

many posters are trying to justify their need to be somewhere 15 seconds earlier,  when the safety aspects of reducing the limit are far more valuable.

You'll be able to demonstrate a safety problem with that particular bit of road I assume then, you and makapaka both.

Otherwise you're talking nonsense.

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Neither does speeding.  Anyhow just use your font of knowledge, in your case google it like you usually do. :hihi:

You keep trying to conflait travelling at the speed limit with speeding, but you know they aren't the same, even in your topsy turvy world.

45 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You keep trying to conflait travelling at the speed limit with speeding, but you know they aren't the same, even in your topsy turvy world.

The speed limit might say70mph but do you really have to  do what the sign says what if you see a sign saying drive of a cliff. I suppose you would do that too. :loopy:

11 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The speed limit might say70mph but do you really have to  do what the sign says what if you see a sign saying drive of a cliff. I suppose you would do that too. :loopy:

70 is the maximum speed you are allowed to do, 71 is breaking the law.. I will mozy along at 50/60 thank you, not risking 3pts on my licence.

As for these guys who say the police can prosecute for driving at 50 on a motorway, deluded, or have I just been lucky.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

It’s a limit not a target but drivers should make due progress where they can 

10 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

It’s a limit not a target but drivers should make due progress where they can 

Once took a young lady for a spin on the motorway, drove at 80.

Did"nt make much progress though.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

70 is the maximum speed you are allowed to do, 71 is breaking the law.. I will mozy along at 50/60 thank you, not risking 3pts on my licence.

As for these guys who say the police can prosecute for driving at 50 on a motorway, deluded, or have I just been lucky.

Would you "mozy" along at 40 on a motorway too? Or 30? Where do you draw the line?

Anyone "mozying along" at 50 on a clear 70mph limit motorway in good conditions is an incompetent driver.

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Would you "mozy" along at 40 on a motorway too? Or 30? Where do you draw the line?

Anyone "mozying along" at 50 on a clear 70mph limit motorway in good conditions is an incompetent driver.

Do you mean careful driver., 30/40 is to slow in good conditions.  I"ve driven all over the country, south coast, cornwall, east west with 2 small children in the back, their safety is paramount to me,  though I must confess they used to say to me, Dad can we pass something, when I did they used to clap and cheer, seems speeding is in everyones DNA.