Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

On 13/07/2019 at 19:17, Padders said:

Your a learner taking your test, you should be trying to impress the examiner, show him your skills, considerate and careful driving.

I don"t think the examiner would be impressed if you were hurtling along at 30.

Hurtling along at 30 in a 30? You are the true definition of a troll. The examiner would have no issue at all.

1 hour ago, probedb said:

Hurtling along at 30 in a 30? You are the true definition of a troll. The examiner would have no issue at all.

I took my driving tests in the 60s.

Failed first one,

Failed 2nd one.

Came to the 3rd one, I was nervous and terrified.

Concentrated hard tried to do everything right, don"t think I got out of 3rd gear (probably did) slowed down at zebra crossing, traffic lights, roundabouts, parked cars.. did I fail..

YIPPEE , you"ve passed. what a great feeling.

Do you think you could pass one now, 50 years later?

7 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

No problem whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Ooooo that's worthy of a thread on it's own that one - could you pass your test now. We all see terrible driving, but we are never the terrible drivers!

10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Ooooo that's worthy of a thread on it's own that one - could you pass your test now. We all see terrible driving, but we are never the terrible drivers!

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

No problem whatsoever.

Are you sure, it's not some kind of trick when people talk about you failing a test for hesitancy and not driving with appropriate speed.  I know you don't want to believe us, but you would fail for driving up the parkway at 50mph in the 70 zone, and you would probably get minor faults for doing 25 in a 30 zone unless there were hazards that made it appropriate.

Do you keep up to date with the changes in the highway code?

Edited by Cyclone

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

No problem whatsoever.

You wouldn't pass if you think driving to the speed limit is "hurtling along".   You'd fail for failing to keep up with the flow of traffic

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

, but you would fail for driving up the parkway at 50mph in the 70 zone, 

Sorry Cyclone, I just cannot accept that... Make no mistake 50mph is flamin fast in anybodys language.. I"ll get ready to be educated again.

Right, well we're now firmly in the territory of you just refusing to accept reality.  Multiple people have told you that it's true, I suppose you could try to find a driving instructor and confirm it, but you don't want to believe it and so you won't.

I'm comfortable now in my opinion that you wouldn't pass a driving test right now, you're probably a little bit of a hazard on the road and I'm entirely happy to ignore your opinions about speed limits.

Edited by Cyclone

Many years ago, I used common sense when driving, I"d drop my speed when driving on an estate, driving past schools etc, I was the butt of many a family joke.  Fast forward to today, the authorities have to tell you to slow down at schools, estates. 20mph introduced.

But you also think that driving at 30 mph is racing around, and that 70 mph is a dangerous speed.

28 minutes ago, Padders said:

Sorry Cyclone, I just cannot accept that... Make no mistake 50mph is flamin fast in anybodys language.. I"ll get ready to be educated again.

50mph might have seemed fast in the 1960's when motorways and dual carriageways weren't as common. and cars weren't nearly as reliable. Nowadays on a 70mph limit road in decent conditions and light/moderate traffic it is anything but "flamin fast"...........even "sedate" would hardly be a fair description.