Sheffield To Recognise Palestine As A State?

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

He isn't antisemitic, so I'm not concerned. Being critical of Israel doesn't make you antisemitic any more than hating Trump makes you anti American,

He's not just critical of Israel. He actively befriended Islamic terrorists (antisemitic by definition) and actively supported antisemitic events (not just anti-Israel).

1 minute ago, JamesR123 said:

What about if you called the KKK your friends?  If the KKK were much worse than they are and had "let's get all blacks to gather in x place so we can exterminate them".  Would you say such a person may harbour anti black feeling?

Yes, which rightly highlights my point - the IRA and Hamas have/had legitimate grievances, the KKK obviously haven't.

22 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Yes, which rightly highlights my point - the IRA and Hamas have/had legitimate grievances, the KKK obviously haven't.

Can't argue with that, spot on as per usual Halibut.

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

That's subjective of course. But because of the grievance you think that justifys the desire to remove a whole group of people from the planet?

Seems to be what you are saying.

9 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

That's subjective of course. But because of the grievance you think that justifys the desire to remove a whole group of people from the planet?

No it doesn't, you seem to be taking the the voice of reason stance if you dig it!

26 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Not at all. I think a great injustice is being done to the Palestinian people by the Israeli government. I hope for a world where Palestinians and Israelis can live together in peace and harmony. I deplore the violence on all sides, but I'm somewhat more forgiving of Palestinian violence because they're the oppressed and somewhat less forgiving of Israeli violence because they're the oppressors and hold all the power.

14 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Not at all. I think a great injustice is being done to the Palestinian people by the Israeli government. I hope for a world where Palestinians and Israelis can live together in peace and harmony. I deplore the violence on all sides, but I'm somewhat more forgiving of Palestinian violence because they're the oppressed and somewhat less forgiving of Israeli violence because they're the oppressors and hold all the power.

Correctamundo.

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

No it doesn't, you seem to be taking the the voice of reason stance if you dig it!

Almost Unbeleiver-able.

I'm sure Julie Dore can achieve what Bill Clinton couldn't.

On 05/07/2019 at 17:20, JamesR123 said:

I have just read this on the star.

What an oddity.  Leaving alone for a minute the fact that Palestine is not and never has been a state, shouldn't our council be concentrating of more Sheffield stuff than this?

Should a local council ever get involved with international politics?

All seems very odd.

Not shocked at all by this. i wouldnt expect anything less from our PC obsessed council. 

8 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

I'm sure Julie Dore can achieve what Bill Clinton couldn't.

Absinthe and Ramiptil aren't a good mix.

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Not shocked at all by this. i wouldnt expect anything less from our PC obsessed council. 

Adapt the Penistone999 test, if you think the opposite your right.

17 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

How's the property portfolio going?