Sheffield To Recognise Palestine As A State?

Just now, JamesR123 said:

With regards to the IRA he has repeatedly failed to condemn their violence,

How is saying “I condemn ALL violence in Ireland, from whatever quarter” not condemning the IRA? As a life long pacifist it would be very bizarre if Corbyn supported any violent organisation.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How is saying “I condemn ALL violence in Ireland, from whatever quarter” not condemning the IRA? As a life long pacifist it would be very bizarre if Corbyn supported any violent organisation.

You do keep ignoring the other question. 

Because he was asked repeatedly to condemn the IRA and refused to.

24 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

You do keep ignoring the other question. 

Because he was asked repeatedly to condemn the IRA and refused to.

No, he was repeatedly asked to specifically condemn the IRA. His reason for refusing to single them out over and above any other violent organisation was because of his belief that peace could only come about once all sides to the conflict were treated equally, hence his condemnation of all violence.

Of course history shows that Corbyn was right and you are wrong.

By the way, this thread is about ‘Sheffield recognising Palestine’. You seem to have let your dislike of Corbyn get the better of you! 😂

37 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, he was repeatedly asked to specifically condemn the IRA. His reason for refusing to single them out over and above any other violent organisation was because of his belief that peace could only come about once all sides to the conflict were treated equally, hence his condemnation of all violence.

Of course history shows that Corbyn was right and you are wrong.

By the way, this thread is about ‘Sheffield recognising Palestine’. You seem to have let your dislike of Corbyn get the better of you! 😂

We are talking about the 2nd most powerful politician in the country and their view of Palestine.

I don't particularly dislike him.  His anti semitism is a negative trait, and I believe him to be dangerous. However he seems an ok chap.

Your refusal to answer about Bo Jo speaks volumes. Like most of the friends of Palestine, it is one rule for the Jews and one rule for others.

This is why Sheffield should not recognise Palestine.

While Sheffielder's languish on housing waiting lists, you can be sure that the council will find housing for Palestinian families.

1 hour ago, Nightbird said:

While Sheffielder's languish on housing waiting lists, you can be sure that the council will find housing for Palestinian families.

What makes you think that?

2 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

His anti semitism is a negative trait,

Do me a favour would you James and find me anything he's ever said or done that's antisemitic. I've never seen any evidence at all for this claim anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Do me a favour would you James and find me anything he's ever said or done that's antisemitic. I've never seen any evidence at all for this claim anywhere.

He's friends with Hamas, isn't he?

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

He's friends with Hamas, isn't he?

That doesn't make him antisemitic any more than me sympathising with the aims of the IRA makes me anti British.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

That doesn't make him antisemitic any more than me sympathising with the aims of the IRA makes me anti British.

I think that exactly makes him antisemitic (and much worse). 

Also, didn't he host antisemitic event in 2010? Yes, he did.

Btw, Hypocrite Halibut, you have much less evidence of Trump's misogyny and racism that there is for Corbyn's antisemitism. 

Just now, Branyy said:

I think that exactly makes him antisemitic (and much worse). 

Also, didn't he host antisemitic event in 2010? Yes, he did.

Btw, Hypocrite Halibut, you have much less evidence of Trump's misogyny and racism that there is for Corbyn's antisemitism. 

He isn't antisemitic, so I'm not concerned. Being critical of Israel doesn't make you antisemitic any more than hating Trump makes you anti American,

14 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What about if you called the KKK your friends?  If the KKK were much worse than they are and had "let's get all blacks to gather in x place so we can exterminate them".  Would you say such a person may harbour anti black feeling?