Sheffield To Recognise Palestine As A State?

9 minutes ago, Resident said:

Just a continuation of the Antisemitism of the Labour party and it's leader.....

Your my second favourite right wing poster on here for lolz! 😂😅😂

42 minutes ago, makapaka said:

If you’re looking for reasons to condemn some of the most oppressed people on the planet I suppose you could say there’s homophobia.

although being trapped and peppered by bombs in a massively over populated area with nigh on no infrastructure and limited food and water for decades they probably haven’t got time to address gay rights as a priority which is unfortunate but possibly understandable.

”my starving children were blown to smithereens yesterday” 

“ok madam - but can I hand you this leaflet about the lgbt community”

Its not just a case of societal homophobia, which of course exists in varying degrees In all countries, the issue is the very "state" of Palestine being one of the few places of the world that still criminalises and punishes homosexuality, and this state has the support of the Labour party leadership and the general supposed left.

Edited by Nightbird

28 minutes ago, Resident said:

Just a continuation of the Antisemitism of the Labour party and it's leader.....

I absolutely agree.  He is the most dangerous politician in Europe at the moment.

Thankfully the British public won't vote for an anti semite, unlike the Palestinians.

Guest makapaka
56 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Haha.

And how am I doing that exactly? Please read my comments and post my criticism of Palestine. I'll wait. 

I apologise it was a different post not yours.

33 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

Its not just a case of societal homophobia, which of course exists in varying degrees In all countries, the issue is the very "state" of Palestine being one of the few places of the world that still criminalises and punishes homosexuality, and this state has the support of the Labour party leadership and the general supposed left.

My point still stands. 

It must be quite hard to be forward thinking when you’re basically trying to survive from one day to the next.

i don’t agree with any homophobia - I’m saying it’s probably not high on their agenda to rectify currently.

13 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

"state" of Palestine being one of the few places of the world that still criminalises and punishes homosexuality, 

You seem confused.

You don’t believe in the state of Palestine yet you claim that the state of Palestine criminalises homosexuality. So is it a state or not?

And as for one of the ‘few’ places in the world? You are kidding aren’t you? 

I take it that you have never heard of Russia?

Or Egypt, or Singapore, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, The UAE, Pakistan, Quatar, Iran, Libya, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Morocco, Tunisia, Gambia, Liberia, Niger, Senegal, Kenya, Cameroon, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Zambia, Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica, St Lucia, Guyana, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Syria, Yemen, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Brunei, Malaysia, Burma, Chechnya, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, 

need I go on? 🙄

Get off facebook and start reading some books!

Guest makapaka
32 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I absolutely agree.  He is the most dangerous politician in Europe at the moment.

Thankfully the British public won't vote for an anti semite, unlike the Palestinians.

Don’t be ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I apologise it was a different post not yours.

No worries. 

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You seem confused.

You don’t believe in the state of Palestine yet you claim that the state of Palestine criminalises homosexuality. So is it a state or not?

And as for one of the ‘few’ places in the world? You are kidding aren’t you? 

I take it that you have never heard of Russia?

Or Egypt, or Singapore, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, The UAE, Pakistan, Quatar, Iran, Libya, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Morocco, Tunisia, Gambia, Liberia, Niger, Senegal, Kenya, Cameroon, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Zambia, Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica, St Lucia, Guyana, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Syria, Yemen, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Brunei, Malaysia, Burma, Chechnya, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, 

need I go on? 🙄

Get off facebook and start reading some books!

First of all, I have never said Palestine is a state or not, but I acknowledge the dispute over that hence the quotation marks around the word state.

You cite about 40 countries there, so out of a world of hundreds of countries, the use of the word "few" is valid I think. 

When all said and done, the Palestinian authority, lets call it that, criminally punishes gay people,  there is no escaping that.

Just now, Nightbird said:

You cite about 40 countries there, so out of a world of hundreds of countries, the use of the word "few" is valid I think. 

Rubbish. 

Those counties represent a sizeable section of the world’s population.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Rubbish. 

Those counties represent a sizeable section of the world’s population.

They are 40 states/authorities out of hundreds. I'm talking about states not people, god you're hard work!

What's your point anyway? that other states criminalise homosexuality so why shouldn't Palestine??

Edited by Nightbird

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Don’t be ridiculous.

You think the public will vote for an anti semite?

Or that the anti semite isn't dangerous?

4 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

I have just read this on the star.

What an oddity.  Leaving alone for a minute the fact that Palestine is not and never has been a state, shouldn't our council be concentrating of more Sheffield stuff than this?

Should a local council ever get involved with international politics?

All seems very odd.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/sheffield-council-wants-to-be-first-to-recognise-palestine-as-a-state-419511

I see Julie Pearn, of Labour Friends of Palestine was one of those that signed a letter to the Labour NEC asking them to 'resist calls to adopt all eleven examples accompanying the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance definition of antisemitism into the party’s code of conduct on antisemitism'.

I personally don't care if they want to recognise Palestine as a state as long as it has some sort of benefit aside from making the anti Israel crew feel better about themselves.