Sheffield To Recognise Palestine As A State?

1 minute ago, alchresearch said:

There's no obligation to register. You may have to disable your ad blocker though.

Not a real problem - I now trust their reporting about as much as I trust a colander to hold water.

I have however, added it to my iPads' browser - just in case.

I am still wondering how TCH. knows that Poland was full of Homophobic Catholics in 1939. Did he go round with a Questionnaire in 1938 ? 

12 minutes ago, pitsmoorboy said:

I am still wondering how TCH. knows that Poland was full of Homophobic Catholics in 1939. Did he go round with a Questionnaire in 1938 ? 

Poland is full of homophobic Catholics in 2019. 

I suspect that 80 years ago it was much the same.

It's nothing to do with us.

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Less than half on the population of Poland think that homosexuality should not be accepted (47% according to Pew research) so it is not accurate, or really fair, to say that it is ‘full of homophobic catholics’. 

11 hours ago, pitsmoorboy said:

Unfortunately, it still is, as well as a other parts of Eastern Europe today in 2019.

41 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Less than half on the population of Poland think that homosexuality should not be accepted (47% according to Pew research) so it is not accurate, or really fair, to say that it is ‘full of homophobic catholics’. 

I think it's pretty fair, if almost half the population are homophobes of a Catholic persuasion.

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I think it's pretty fair, if almost half the population are homophobes of a Catholic persuasion.

Then you have a different understanding of the word full than I do. Less than half isn’t full. 

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Society in Poland, like all the rest of the  eastern block, was frozen in aspic  for 40 years during the cold war; despite the fact that much of the progressive social policies that the west underwent throughout the mid to latter part of the twentieth century originated from Marxist's , the Soviet Union did not adopt these policies in its own society, remaining much as it was since the time of the signing of the Warsaw pact.  Although it has now been 30 years since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the former Soviet block countries still have some "catching up" to do, if that's how you want to look at it, with the west. Personally I admire their culture  in which women are women and men are men.

Edited by Nightbird

Surely, whether Palestine is a State or not has got nothing to do with the Sheffield Council? 

The Council should just get on with looking after Sheffield.

1 hour ago, Ethella said:

Surely, whether Palestine is a State or not has got nothing to do with the Sheffield Council? 

The Council should just get on with looking after Sheffield.

Well said.

On 05/07/2019 at 20:10, Nightbird said:

You're not comparing Israel to Nazi Germany are you?

"If there is something that frightens me with the memory of the Holocaust," he said, "it is identifying horrifying processes that happened in Europe, and specifically in Germany, 70, 80 and 90 years ago, and finding testimony to them amongst us, today, in 2016.

"There is, after all, nothing easier and simpler than hating the foreigner... arousing fears and terrifying,"

Maj. Gen. Yair Golan

Israeli military's deputy chief of staff

Israels right wing politicians try to play down or shut down anyone who even speaks against the government- even if it is their own senior military personnel!

Palestine will be free- this will happen God willing.