Former Sheffield Wednesday Youngster George Hirst Has Signed For Leicester City

17 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Lee Chapman.

What was the story behind that ? I recall that Chapman said he wanted to move to the London area to be nearer to his wife and her job-actress Leslie Ash- but moved to France, then Forest and then to Leeds. (so much for London).

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Easy to say but we don't know exactly what went on regarding the contract. If it's true he wanted first team wages I'm not surprised we walked away

True we don't but surely a kid with a goal scoring record like him was entitled to more than the average youth team player 

31 minutes ago, redbig said:

True we don't but surely a kid with a goal scoring record like him was entitled to more than the average youth team player 

Maybe but the same as a first teamer? Which first team players was he wanting to be level with? I believe I read he was to be the highest paid youth player but wouldn't know what kind of wage that would be.

No saying his youth record would be anything like if he made the first team but it's a shame we never got to find out.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Maybe but the same as a first teamer? Which first team players was he wanting to be level with? I believe I read he was to be the highest paid youth player but wouldn't know what kind of wage that would be.

No saying his youth record would be anything like if he made the first team but it's a shame we never got to find out.

No saying at all, but all he could do was score at every level, including international. See if Penney kicks in this year 

5 hours ago, St Petre said:

What was the story behind that ? I recall that Chapman said he wanted to move to the London area to be nearer to his wife and her job-actress Leslie Ash- but moved to France, then Forest and then to Leeds. (so much for London).

The suspicion was a bit of skullduggery cooked up between Forest and Niort.

https://owlsonline.com/index.php/w?page=forum&thread_id=38705