Your Man Gets Man Flu ,&n It All Goes Pear Shaped

10 minutes ago, Darkwitch14 said:

I have to say I didn't have any experience of doing stuff like changing light bulbs while I was living at home because my Dad did stuff like that . But after getting married to the most impractical bloke ever , I started to learn because he had no idea at all .  I did all the decorating ,mowing the learn , looking after the car ( being a mechanics daughter ) , because he had no idea at all . No common sense that bloke . 

But I don't care , I am still going to be taking the **** out of Man Flu because I love doing it . So get your armour on 

"No common sense that bloke"

Lol, he sounds pretty smart to me, acting dumb so that you did all the menial tasks. 😄

Ha! 

And I am armoured, with a big blanket and some lemsip 

1 hour ago, Darkwitch14 said:

Oh that's funny , I am coming over to Sheffield on Monday , will bring me overalls .😀

Bring some paint and paintbrushes while your at it.. my front room needs decorating.

I think it's odd that 'wiring/changing a plug' is often cited when talking about practical abilities as if it's some every day household task.... surely this hasn't been the case since 1952 or some other distant decade??

I've very occasionally had to swap the fuse but that's the extent of it.

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

"No common sense that bloke"

Lol, he sounds pretty smart to me, acting dumb so that you did all the menial tasks. 😄

Ontario you have no idea . My Dad always said , You can't educate pork , how right he was . My ex did once acuse me of showing him up because I was out there doing the checks on the car . He said that should be a man's job . I said well you should learn to do it yourself 

50 minutes ago, vwkittie said:

I think it's odd that 'wiring/changing a plug' is often cited when talking about practical abilities as if it's some every day household task.... surely this hasn't been the case since 1952 or some other distant decade??

Sorry vw , I meant change a fuse . My error , consider my wrist slapped 

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Bring some paint and paintbrushes while your at it.. my front room needs decorating.

😂 What colour would you like BRIGHT PINK ???

I'm of the mind that anybody can do most things.

I'm 64 next week, female and I've done allsorts from changing my car wheels to mending the toilet flush.

I must say I don't like doing such jobs and I do leave them to my husband but if need be, I'll tackle any job (within reason)

1 hour ago, francypants said:

I'm of the mind that anybody can do most things.

I'm 64 next week, female and I've done allsorts from changing my car wheels to mending the toilet flush.

I must say I don't like doing such jobs and I do leave them to my husband but if need be, I'll tackle any job (within reason)

:huh: very interesting,

Coming from someone who go"s shopping with her trousers on back to front :hihi:.

i don't like women that get all 'helpless' when something practical needs doing and they 'need' a man to do it.

7 hours ago, Padders said:

:huh: very interesting,

Coming from someone who go"s shopping with her trousers on back to front :hihi:.

Same old story, Padders, they'd have nowt to do wi us if vibrators could get a round a drinks in. :D

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Same old story, Padders, they'd have nowt to do wi us if vibrators could get a round a drinks in. :D

She changes car wheels, while she is doing that the boiled eggs are exploding in the kitchen.

Just thought I"d mention it.

On 05/07/2019 at 17:38, vwkittie said:

It certainly was a normal household task  well after 1952 .I think it was the early nineties before there was a requirement for all domestic electrical appliances to be fitted with a mains plug when new . Up until then electrical items came without and you would have to buy a 3 pin plug and fit it yourself (or pay someone else to do the job).