Jump to content

Your Man Gets Man Flu ,&n It All Goes Pear Shaped

Recommended Posts

There are the ladies of the house awaiting with baited breath for that cupboard door that is about to drop off being finally mended . Then the most dreaded thing happens , he gets Man Flu & has taken to his bed .  So my question is to the ladies of the house , could you not have mended the door yourself if it was just a loose hinge . Can you do stuff in the house like change a plug , a light bulb , because some women I know haven't got a clue . Just wondering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate the phrase 'man flu' personally. I've either got a cold or the flu. Some colds are worse than others and send me to bed, others are just annoying. The phrase is just patronising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

Hate the phrase 'man flu' personally. I've either got a cold or the flu. Some colds are worse than others and send me to bed, others are just annoying. The phrase is just patronising. 

Oh hell one with no sense of humour , it's not meant to be serious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Darkwitch14 said:

There are the ladies of the house awaiting with baited breath for that cupboard door that is about to drop off being finally mended . Then the most dreaded thing happens , he gets Man Flu & has taken to his bed .  So my question is to the ladies of the house , could you not have mended the door yourself if it was just a loose hinge . Can you do stuff in the house like change a plug , a light bulb , because some women I know haven't got a clue . Just wondering 

For pretty much every job there is a 'How To' video on You-Tube. no excuses anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you say so. It's just a phrase that really annoys me. 

 

If the post isn't serious then what's the point of it? Just to stereotype men and women? 

 

If an adult can't do the simple tasks you mention, how the hell have they been getting on in life? I don't know a single woman in my age group that would need a man, or anyone else for that matter, to do those tasks for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

If you say so. It's just a phrase that really annoys me. 

 

If the post isn't serious then what's the point of it? Just to stereotype men and women? 

 

If an adult can't do the simple tasks you mention, how the hell have they been getting on in life? I don't know a single woman in my age group that would need a man, or anyone else for that matter, to do those tasks for them

What age group are you?  Most of the women I know couldn't change a plug.  Most of them men too probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JamesR123 said:

What age group are you?  Most of the women I know couldn't change a plug.  Most of them men too probably.

35-40. Most I know left home at 18 to go to uni and have spent time living on their own or with a female house mate, and were more than capable of looking after themselves. 

 

The first time I needed to change a plug, I didn't have a clue - I'd not done it before. But within 10 mins I knew how to do it, just like any counterpart (male or female) in the same situation. 

 

Admittedly my OH will ask me to change a light bulb when it blows, but that's because I'm 6ft6 and she's 5ft6 and we don't have a step ladder. But if it wad the bedside lamp, she'd just do it herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the same age group as you and I would be staggered if over 50% of your female friends could rewire a plug.

 

That's not the same as having the capacity to learn, which more than 50 % of your female friends probably have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We may have had different experiences and it depends whether they've had to do it before or not, I guess. But if they haven't and they needed to, they wouldn't wait around for a man to come and do it. Many would be insulted if they were told 'they needed a man to do it', 

 

I'm sure there is plenty of stuff I haven't had to do before around the house, but it doesn't mean I couldn't do it if I needed to. My experience is that the females I know would be the same as me with those kind of things. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I didn't have any experience of doing stuff like changing light bulbs while I was living at home because my Dad did stuff like that . But after getting married to the most impractical bloke ever , I started to learn because he had no idea at all .  I did all the decorating ,mowing the learn , looking after the car ( being a mechanics daughter ) , because he had no idea at all . No common sense that bloke . 

But I don't care , I am still going to be taking the **** out of Man Flu because I love doing it . So get your armour on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darkwitch14 said:

I have to say I didn't have any experience of doing stuff like changing light bulbs while I was living at home because my Dad did stuff like that . But after getting married to the most impractical bloke ever , I started to learn because he had no idea at all .  I did all the decorating ,mowing the learn , looking after the car ( being a mechanics daughter ) , because he had no idea at all . No common sense that bloke . 

And I think that's it. Someone in your situation or who lives on their own for any period of time would have to learn to do those things, regardless man or woman. 

 

And that's it with my experience, most have lived independently, so they had to learn like the rest of us. I appreciate that's probably more common than it once was. 

 

Having said all that, my cars knackered and I haven't got a scooby, could you take a look at it for me? 😂 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh that's funny , I am coming over to Sheffield on Monday , will bring me overalls .😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.