Advice - Relocating To Sheffield

9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It’s ideal with a few houses going up now, but I understand there’s going to be 1800 going up in that locale and, as 99% of new residents will be commuters, some of those junctions are going to get pretty busy.

You get that with any new development.  Its not as thought its through a small village where they can't widen the roads again.  The only pinch point is the roundabout at Barlborough. That have already improved the roads because they started building an industrial estate about a decade ago. Have you not been out there and seen for yourself? Thats not a large development compared to how Worksop and surrounding areas have grown over the last thirty years.  I used to live in Worksop and have seen the changes since the 1980s from Worksop through to Barlborough.  I regularly visit those areas weekdays and weekends. 

Wickersley in Rotherham is great and the school is fantastic. 

1 hour ago, JoanneA said:

Wickersley in Rotherham is great and the school is fantastic. 

My brother moved house to get his daughter in to the comp school there, shes been going two years.  That school is close to  Flanderwell, Bramley and Hellaby. 

On 02/08/2019 at 08:23, Chez2 said:

You get that with any new development.  Its not as thought its through a small village where they can't widen the roads again.  The only pinch point is the roundabout at Barlborough. That have already improved the roads because they started building an industrial estate about a decade ago. Have you not been out there and seen for yourself? Thats not a large development compared to how Worksop and surrounding areas have grown over the last thirty years.  I used to live in Worksop and have seen the changes since the 1980s from Worksop through to Barlborough.  I regularly visit those areas weekdays and weekends. 

I get stuck in traffic on a the A619 once or twice a week. When all these houses have been built there is going to be some pinch points round that new junction plus the M1 and staveley will be even worse. If you want to see what the traffic will be like when it's finished, try derby road in chesterfield at 8 in the morning.

Having said all that, I'd live in clowne, compared with alot of ex-mining villages it's very much on the up.

If they are commuting they are going to be on the road before the traffic gets really busy at school run time.