Icloud Log In Problem

Hi, hope someone can help, my daughter has had to reset her password for icloud as she forgot it, but unfortunately, she has a new iphone and the recovery phone number is her previous one which she no longer has, and icloud sends the verification code to that previous number, anyone else know a way around this or do i need to contact Apple, I really don't fancy a trip to the Apple store if I can help it.

How did she reset her password without a recovery phone number?

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How did she reset her password without a recovery phone number?

She didn't, the verification code went to her old number...

I see.

I suspect you may need to take a trip to Meadowhell. You can’t access the account without a password and you can’t change your recovery number without access to the account.

(Catch-22 as Yossarian’s doctor would say!)

This is why I resist all Apples efforts for me to turn on 2 step verification if your second device packs up or gets upgraded you’re pretty much screwed.

3 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

This is why I resist all Apples efforts for me to turn on 2 step verification if your second device packs up or gets upgraded you’re pretty much screwed.

By not doing this you open yourself up to an easier potential intrusion. Great advice and sound logic...

What if my phone gets lost or broken as with the OP ?

Edited by *Wallace*

On 13/07/2019 at 12:17, *Wallace* said:

What if my phone gets lost or broken as with the OP ?

Your mobile number (ie. your SIM card) is the backup, not your device.

If your phone breaks, stick the SIM in another phone to receive the iCloud text. If your phone is stolen get a replacement SIM from you provider.

Hi all, thanks for the replies, all sorted now, icloud resets itself after about 10 days so she is back on now, first thing we did was go into the settings and change the phone number for verification codes to her new one, not going to disable the 2 step verification on it, as Happ pointed out, don't want to open her phone up to any intrusion, just wish we had known about all this when she upgraded her phone, oh well, least we do now...