Jump to content


Talking And Phones In The Cinema

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

 

Annoying? Rude?

Both in good measure, not to be tolerated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Well put up with it if you dont want to miss five of your film but dont take the law into your own hands because you could fall foul to an unsavoury character there are people employed in the cinema to sort this problem, so get off your arse and stop being stupid. :rant:

I prefer to tell them to shut up myself, or offer to put their phones away for them, permanently.  It seems to work well enough.

If you want to go crying to the staff because you can't tell some rude kids to shut up yourself, that's up to you.

No offence to the cinema staff, but they're not bouncers and they're more likely to be hurt by some unsavory character than I am.

Edited by Cyclone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I prefer to tell them to shut up myself, or offer to put their phones away for them, permanently.  It seems to work well enough.

If you want to go crying to the staff because you can't tell some rude kids to shut up yourself, that's up to you.

No offence to the cinema staff, but they're not bouncers and they're more likely to be hurt by some unsavory character than I am.

Absolutely- it doesn’t even need to be aggressive- most people are embarrassed into it when you tell them.

 

Presley was just trying to wind you up.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Absolutely- it doesn’t even need to be aggressive- most people are embarrassed into it when you tell them.

 

Presley was just trying to wind you up.

 

 

 

Quite true, most people you can just quietly say "do you mind putting that away" and they'll sit silently and a little stiffly for the rest of the film.
There are a few who need stronger words, but it's rare.  I do try to avoid the busiest showings though, 7pm on a Friday is a bad time to go.  4:30 on a Tues is a much more pleasant showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I prefer to tell them to shut up myself, or offer to put their phones away for them, permanently.  It seems to work well enough.

If you want to go crying to the staff because you can't tell some rude kids to shut up yourself, that's up to you.

No offence to the cinema staff, but they're not bouncers and they're more likely to be hurt by some unsavory character than I am.

No one is going crying anywhere the staff/management are in charge its their job not yours or anyone elses to tell people to behave, if they have an unruly customer they can eject them or get the police too.  If you start being a vigilanti the trouble will escalate further and both parties involed  will end up in trouble. :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a symptom of a sick society when you don't feel that it's your job or anyone elses to tell someone to behave.

Certainly if they have an unruly customer they can do that, but we're not talking about people fighting in the aisles, we're talking about someone being a bit rude and thoughtless.


Oh no, the "harsh words" vigilantism...  No, I disagree fundamentally.  People should say something, they should intervene, they should do the right thing.  And I definitely shouldn't have to miss part of a film I've paid for, to find staff to tell some children to stop talking, I'm perfectly capable of telling them myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I think this is a symptom of a sick society when you don't feel that it's your job or anyone elses to tell someone to behave.

Certainly if they have an unruly customer they can do that, but we're not talking about people fighting in the aisles, we're talking about someone being a bit rude and thoughtless.


Oh no, the "harsh words" vigilantism...  No, I disagree fundamentally.  People should say something, they should intervene, they should do the right thing.  And I definitely shouldn't have to miss part of a film I've paid for, to find staff to tell some children to stop talking, I'm perfectly capable of telling them myself.

What im trying to say is,  if you take things into your own hands you could be the one fighting in isles.  :hihi:. Just let the cinema staff do their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not only kids that do it, I've seen plenty of adults both male and female who can't leave their phone alone.  On a similar theme I attend fitness classes at SIV (mainly Concord) and I see women checking their phones/updating facebook etc in between tracks. The class is only 45 Minutes long and they can't leave it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

What im trying to say is,  if you take things into your own hands you could be the one fighting in isles.  :hihi:. Just let the cinema staff do their job.

And what I'm saying is that it's not reasonable to leave the film for 5 minutes to find a spotty 17 year old to come in and tell a 15 year old to put their phone away when I can simply do it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cyclone said:

And what I'm saying is that it's not reasonable to leave the film for 5 minutes to find a spotty 17 year old to come in and tell a 15 year old to put their phone away when I can simply do it myself.

Well you do it yourself, that would be great when he/she tells her dad about a big bully in the flicks.  Oh! and is that the cinema job requirements, you have to 17 and spotty. :hihi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cyclone said:

And what I'm saying is that it's not reasonable to leave the film for 5 minutes to find a spotty 17 year old to come in and tell a 15 year old to put their phone away when I can simply do it myself.

Good on you, I hate arrogant tosspots with bad manners, maybe its time to use some sort of signal blockers in schools and cinemas and the like.

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Well you do it yourself, that would be great when he/she tells her dad about a big bully in the flicks.  Oh! and is that the cinema job requirements, you have to 17 and spotty. :hihi:

Thats where all this crap starts anyway, with mum and dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.