Rinse Your Milk Bottles Before Putting In Brown Bin. Pyoo

Personally we wash plastic milk bottles and crush them leave the tops on reason they do re-inflate a bit so it keeps a vacuum in the bottle pour in a least one bottle of diluted Jay’s Fluid kill’s any smell from any fluid that ends up in the bottom of the bin it all goes into the back of the lorry so make’s that smell nice too do the same with the black bin, pity you cannot still get SAN ISAL anymore that was an excellent disinfectant kills any odor.

I often wonder what happens to paper labels on recycled plastic bottles. I'm referring to when they have a big melt up of the plastc-if that actually happens. 🙈

Wouldn't have thought they would have someone manually removing labels from millions of bottles prior to melting. Same with remnants of food in containers.

Could be a conspiracy about being recycled-possibly just all shipped to Chinese land fill. Council pays xyz to middle man, he takes his cut, then remainder goes to Chinese agent.....just saying.

Edited by Janus

12 hours ago, lil-minx92 said:

I bet firing your boiler up to do this negates any environmental benefit of recycling the bottle!

Fire up the boiler?

It takes about 2 tablespoons of hot water - maybe out of a recently boiled kettle - sloshed around the bottle!

3 hours ago, Janus said:

I often wonder what happens to paper labels on recycled plastic bottles. I'm referring to when they have a big melt up of the plastc-if that actually happens. 🙈

Wouldn't have thought they would have someone manually removing labels from millions of bottles prior to melting. Same with remnants of food in containers.

Could be a conspiracy about being recycled-possibly just all shipped to Chinese land fill. Council pays xyz to middle man, he takes his cut, then remainder goes to Chinese agent.....just saying.

They almost certainly wash the plastic as part of the processing and this will remove the paper and much of the food residue.