Former Tsb Bank Newfield Green Shopping Centre, Gleadless

I'm trying to find out which shop was occupied by the TSB in the 1980's & 90's. I think it may have been no 549 Gleadless Road  but I can't identify which shop it actually is. Does anyone know which shop they occupied- ie who is in the shop now?

Thanks,

14 hours ago, HOLMFIRTH said:

I'm trying to find out which shop was occupied by the TSB in the 1980's & 90's. I think it may have been no 549 Gleadless Road  but I can't identify which shop it actually is. Does anyone know which shop they occupied- ie who is in the shop now?

Thanks,

The shop which was occupied by TSB is next to the Heron supermarket, the unit was supposedly bought by B & M who own Heron but it just looks empty, the last business in the old bank was a Tan and Tone .

II think I am completly in the wrong place but  in the 60s my Dad had a radio and TV shop  at the top end of Gleadless Road that was taken over by Nat West .  Dad moved to White Lane.

That must have been Barrons shop at Gleadless townend.

Yes Dad Had that shop and one at Firth Park

We used to stand in doorway of the one on gleadless road at night,in early 60s.

3 hours ago, inessex said:

II think I am completly in the wrong place but  in the 60s my Dad had a radio and TV shop  at the top end of Gleadless Road that was taken over by Nat West .  Dad moved to White Lane.

I’m sure an old friend and neighbour of ours worked or managed a tv and radio shop there during the 50/60s

His name was Harry Dibbo.

Gosh he did. My Dad would have been 105 last week if still around. Harry must be similar age.

3 hours ago, inessex said:

Gosh he did. My Dad would have been 105 last week if still around. Harry must be similar age.

No. I’m afaid hes been gone some years now.

The Dibbos , Harry, Millie and daughter Cynthia, lived opposite us in Totley. Our families were really close 

After he worked for your Dad he became SubPostmaster at Dalewood PO

There used to be a chip shop next to the bank in the late sixties and for a period it had lunch time opening hours that couldn't be relied on. Unfortunately

the chippy didn't have a phone so I used to ring the bank and ask them if the chippy was open before me and my mates made the trek down there. I don't

remember them ever complaining or refusing.

"The past is another country, they do things differently there".