The Sheffield Property Shop

All my bids are somewhere between #5 to #15 in the queue, so it means that 4 people have to refuse the offer if I'm in the #5 position, etc.

I'm #1 or #2 for some of the dodgy areas like Batemoor or Gleadless, but I never bid for places in those areas, heard way too many bad things about them.

Guess I'll keep at it for another year until I get somewhere where I won't get robbed. :hihi:

How long do I have to bid till I get offered a property?......  And why do my bids keep getting withdrawn? 

I'm personally no expert nor any connection with the Sheffield Property Shop, by any means, which I believe is for Bid to get Council Houses being run/used by the Sheffield Council, having done a short search on their site, from Google, it appears they they have their own Q and A system for problems with their System.

I would suggest you ask the same Questions there.

How long from when I view the property to getting the keys? 

This is interesting. I had nine years waiting time with the Council, I bid on a flat that came up where I used to live and have always wanted to move back to that area, thought I wouldn't stand a chance and the week after I put in the bid, I got an offer for it. I was second in the queue when I bid and it seems the person who was offered the flat first turned it down. This was in April.

However, now looking at the recent lets on the websites my flat had 80 bids in all after I put in mine.  I feel I've been lucky as I wasn't seriously bidding, I was only nosying at the website when I saw the flat, had I left it much later I'd not have stood a chance.

Also when I moved to my last flat in 2009 I only had two years waiting time and got the flat straight away. I keep hearing about people who bid and never hear anything and I can't understand why it happens.

It’ll depend who the landlord is and if any work needs doing on it, could b soon, no more than about 2 weeks.

Where do I pick up the keys? The flat or the housing? 

1 hour ago, Mxx91 said:

Where do I pick up the keys? The flat or the housing? 

It depends on who the property is owned by. It could be SCC or one of the housing associations etc.

Bidding is a bit of a mystery. You may be No1 on the Property shop site but that doesn't mean you'll get the property, there could be a higher priority given to others during the allocation. Depending which band you are on, it can take years before you build up enough waiting time to be offered one. If you look on the Property shop page, it lists bands/priority and when you log on, it shows which band you're in.

What happens if I receive 3 letters for offers for 3 properties and I don't call them? Do I get withdrawn from them properties and stay in band D?