The Sheffield Property Shop

Is there anyone out there who knows how to work the property shop system?

I know all about waiting time etc and how to use the website and how to apply (bid) but having logged on every day for the last 2 months - I know that it alters every seven days and Thursday it starts again - there is something odd about how properties disappear for a week or so and then reappear, even if bidding priorities seem to imply that there has been 10,20,30 plus people placing bids?

I have a bid on a flat via the property shop from last week. It still says 'open' on my account. Does this mean that the people at the front of the list aren't accepting their successful bid and they're moving down the list from 1st - 2nd - 3rd down when they run out of time to accept? Cheers.

Edited by OryxBeisa

Could anyone tell me what it means when the website says "You cannot apply for this property for the following reasons:

You have already been nominated on another property."

Thanks.

sounds like they are looking to offer one you bid on in a previous week

You are going to be offered a place although doesn't mean you are going to get it. Sometimes they offer a property to a few people which means you can't bid on new places. It's daft really but hey that's the council

If you apply for a housing association property and are in the running for the property along with a couple of other bidders then for some reason the bidding system won't let you bid on other propertys.

Sheffield Property Shop

I've been on Band D since around mid-2013, and I was wondering what the average wait time was for people on the Property Shop listings?

You can look at recent lets here https://www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk/HouseholdLogin

There's no need to login, just click on 'Properties and recent lets'.

It's a while since I looked on the Property shop website, but there's no category Band D. I had a brief look, and some properties appear to have been let to people with very recent dates. Have you been bidding?

Edited by Ms Macbeth

I suspect the lets with recent dates are simply in Bands A to C, aka urgent needs / homeless.

Band D is a thing, unless the website is simply lying, most people are probably there.

https://www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk/content/Information/Prioritisingapplications

Thanks for that, things have changed, but now I've seen the bands I understand. You're right, 3 out of 4 properties go to bands A to C, however I'm sure the lets used to be identified as priority if they went to urgent needs/homeless. Some area & property types go to much shorter dates than others though. What's been the situation if and when you've bid?