Local Girl Done Good.

I just want to say a Huge congratulations to my daughters best friend, Holly who found out today she is ranked #2 in the UK Junior K1 rankings for 14/15 year old girls.

What an outstanding achievement for a girl who not only has to concentrate on school and exams and being a teenager but has also had to endure a traumatic last few years in her personal life and has learning difficulties to boot. This young lass is an inspiration and shows that you can achieve a lot even if you have a lot going on in life.

What sport does she do?

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

What sport does she do?

Oops, yeah, a better description would have helped, lol.Its K1 which is a type of Kick boxing

Sorry about that 🙂

No worries - well done that girl!

Congratulations Holly, now lets get to no1.

Well done.

Well done that is impressive.

Some impressive youngsters out there, the son of a friend of mine has just represented Sheffield in water polo for u16's and my next door neighbour plays number 6 for the Lionesses.

Well done to the young Lady in question, I hope she is proud of her achievements.

Anngel1.

Thank you everyone Ill be sure to pass on your kind words to her.

33 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Well done to the young Lady in question, I hope she is proud of her achievements.

Anngel1.

Shes really laid back about it. Taking it in her stride but Im certain that inside she is as proud of herself as we are of her.

She did say she is determined to get to the number 1 slot though.

42 minutes ago, willman said:

Well done that is impressive.

Some impressive youngsters out there, the son of a friend of mine has just represented Sheffield in water polo for u16's and my next door neighbour plays number 6 for the Lionesses.

Impressive indeed and I have to agree there are some truly impressive young ones out there. The next generation is looking bright for the countries young sports stars.

K1 to me meant kayaking!

Well done her, if more people showed such determination and physical activity (even to a lesser degree...) the world would be a better place.

21 minutes ago, Becky B said:

K1 to me meant kayaking!

Well done her, if more people showed such determination and physical activity (even to a lesser degree...) the world would be a better place.

Bold.

Me too lol .

I had to Google the sport when I was first told and I was surprised and hugely impressed when I saw what it involves. Its very physically demanding to say they least.