Guide To Kelham Island

Here's a little video guide of places to go in and around the Kelham Island area... 🙂

Lovely piece of work that imho. Well done!

Wow brilliant thanks.

Did not realise how much the area has developed always thought of it as mainly very small pubs like the Fat cat which are not really my cup of tea.

2 hours ago, jemson said:

Lovely piece of work that imho. Well done!

Thank you!

I'm currently working on more to complete. whole series of these videos, so keep an eye out (subscribe!) on my YouTube channel. There's also a short guide I did to the Sheffield Food Festival and a few other shorter pieces on there currently.

43 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Wow brilliant thanks.

Did not realise how much the area has developed always thought of it as mainly very small pubs like the Fat cat which are not really my cup of tea.

Thank you.

The area really has developed loads - it is amazing considering it was a pretty run-down rough place to go just a couple of decades ago. And there really is something for everyone. There's loads we missed off and even in the ~8 weeks since we made the video I know of 6 more great venues that have opened up around there.

Good work. Hope you got a few freebies out of it.

8 minutes ago, mickf said:

Good work. Hope you got a few freebies out of it.

No freebies!  😯

I did consider maybe looking for some sponsorship from some of the venues or something for it (it cost me quite a it of time and money to make!) but didn't go for it because I want the series to be as impartial as possible.

That said, I'm working on a fuller series of these videos (with better quality production) right now so if any local businesses would like to sponsor them we could discuss how we could make it work with that proviso of retaining editorial independence (we could work out some spots or something).

Also - if anyone has any ideas of things to feature in the videos let me know. There's no limit to what topics or things can be featured; whether it be historical stuff, events, people and places, etc, etc. I obviously have a few ideas I'm working on, but the more ideas the better! 

Very interesting DeeJay.  must be about 30yrs since I last visited.. Can not believe the transformation.

will certainly be visiting again in the very near future.

32 minutes ago, Padders said:

Very interesting DeeJay.  must be about 30yrs since I last visited.. Can not believe the transformation.

will certainly be visiting again in the very near future.

You'll be amazed at the difference. Very gentrified and lots of development. Certainly one of the best areas of the city to head to for food and drink - particularly great in the summer sunshine.

Peddler Night Market is a destination event too, so if you can make it on a Peddler weekend (first Friday/Saturday of each month) the place really comes alive (get down early - it gets busy!).

Great video! Found out about lots of places I hadn't heard of  -will definitely have to give Pina a try!

In terms of  what else to include: obviously not in the bar and food category, but in terms of physical pursuits, buth the Foundry Climbing Centre and The House Skate park (which featured in the background at the end of the video) are definitely worthy of a mention!

2 hours ago, bluecanary said:

Great video! Found out about lots of places I hadn't heard of  -will definitely have to give Pina a try!

In terms of  what else to include: obviously not in the bar and food category, but in terms of physical pursuits, buth the Foundry Climbing Centre and The House Skate park (which featured in the background at the end of the video) are definitely worthy of a mention!

Thank you!

Shhhh... Don't tell the other venues, but Piña is my favourite bar around Kelham currently. You HAVE to try the Tacos... incredible.

The suggestion is great too, thanks. Those places (and more) were going to feature in this video, but it was just getting too long so had to be cut and focussed mainly on food and drink. I'm looking at putting together a video of 'different' things to do in Sheffield soon and they certainly fit in to that theme though... there's also Battleaxe (axe throwing!) off Rutland Road that I want to give a try for it too.

That’s fantastic that mate, nicely done 👍