Abandoned Buildings Sheffield

I’ve been doing urban exploring for about two years now and am running out of places in Sheffield, any suggestions guys on where to visit ???

Have you done, Hoober Stand, Kepples Column, Needles Eye, and the Mausoleum all on the Wentworth estate, worth a visit..

Well it’s crazy you mention the Wentworth estate because me and a friend are going there tomorrow, looks a decent adventure...

Ive been all over, did Hallam tower before it got knocked down, loads of factories down kelham island Braun and others, ski village (what’s left of it) I’ve even done the old pleasure island at Cleethorpes.

3 minutes ago, CorkerSWFC said:

Well it’s crazy you mention the Wentworth estate because me and a friend are going there tomorrow, looks a decent adventure...

Ive been all over, did Hallam tower before it got knocked down, loads of factories down kelham island Braun and others, ski village (what’s left of it) I’ve even done the old pleasure island at Cleethorpes.

:thumbsup:.. enjoy your day Corker, sure you will find it interesting.

Thanx pads I’ll try and share some images when I’ve done it 👍

Hoober Stand is very good, I"ve been up it, and you can see York Minster and the Humber Br.

The bad news is it only opens on bank holidays..  (or it did).

Heard there’s an abandoned college near by as well mate 

We got warned off that area in Wentworth a couple of years ago, the fella said that the police use it for training & quite often dog training

29 minutes ago, CorkerSWFC said:

Heard there’s an abandoned college near by as well mate 

Yep, Lady Mabel College.

There are loads of people around on the Wentworth estate now it's open to visitors.  You can drive right up to the front of the big house now, for instance, so I would imagine that there's a bit less peace and quiet in which to go exploring.

If you have never seen Wentworth Woodhouse, its awesome..

It"s got the longest frontage of any stately home in Europe.  (I think)