Push chair valeting/cleaning? Recommendations, no advertising

Does anyone know anywhere in South Yorkshire that will professionally clean and valet a Cosatto travel system? The frame, carry cot, car seat and pushchair all want a good clean and google is only finding companies down south?

thanks in advance..

It might be worth getting in touch with Cosatto. We had a Mamas and Papas pram, and a few years ago they were able to do a full valet and safety check on it in preparation for our second child. 

If not, my friend used a company in Chesterfield, I think, called Rascal Baby. 

Guest makapaka

I can't believe valeting prams is actually a thing.

How long would it take to clean a pram seriously - you could have it done yoursel by the time you'd drove to the valet place.

I would have expected the materials to be removed from frames to be washed in the washer.

Thanks for the helpful reply Octopus99, as for cleaning it myself I would never have thought of that 🙄 There are parts that I can’t get to and stains I can’t remove, otherwise I would have. 

4 hours ago, makapaka said:

I can't believe valeting prams is actually a thing.

How long would it take to clean a pram seriously - you could have it done yoursel by the time you'd drove to the valet place.

See comment above. Thanks so much for your helpful advice, I’ll just get my industrial steamer out....

35 minutes ago, gnomi said:

Thanks for the helpful reply Octopus99, as for cleaning it myself I would never have thought of that 🙄 There are parts that I can’t get to and stains I can’t remove, otherwise I would have. 

See comment above. Thanks so much for your helpful advice, I’ll just get my industrial steamer out....

Forget the Industrial steamer....Get yer Socket set out and strip the thing down to it's bare skeleton..:D

You do possess a Socket set...!  No? :|

Well get one..! :thumbsup::smile:

12 hours ago, FinBak said:

Forget the Industrial steamer....Get yer Socket set out and strip the thing down to it's bare skeleton..:D

You do possess a Socket set...!  No? :|

Well get one..! :thumbsup::smile:

No, I’ve never heard of a socket set. 🙄 Another really helpful reply. I now remember why after 13 years of using this forum, I rarely bother these days. 

After all, with a full time job, garden, allotment, house, caring duties and dog to walk, I should find the time to strip down a Pram, pushchair, carry cot, frame and car seat.. don’t know what’s wrong with me.. 

7 hours ago, gnomi said:

No, I’ve never heard of a socket set. 🙄 Another really helpful reply. I now remember why after 13 years of using this forum, I rarely bother these days. 

After all, with a full time job, garden, allotment, house, caring duties and dog to walk, I should find the time to strip down a Pram, pushchair, carry cot, frame and car seat.. don’t know what’s wrong with me.. 

Snarky replies put most people off posting too. 

It's not their fault if you're over-extending yourself. 

May I suggest once you have it done, try not to let it get into a state where its needed again. 

I've managed to keep several prams and pushchairs clean through both my kids. 

It's not hard. 

Edited by Resident

4 hours ago, Resident said:

Snarky replies put most people off posting too. 

It's not their fault if you're over-extending yourself. 

May I suggest once you have it done, try not to let it get into a state where its needed again. 

I've managed to keep several prams and pushchairs clean through both my kids. 

It's not hard. 

Oh go away you patronising git. The Pram has been bought second hand for my  first granddaughter, hence the need to clean it. When I post asking for recommendations, funnily enough that’s what I expect in replies, however instead I get people like you offering your pearls of wisdom on how clean you’ve kept your Prams! Well let me give you a little round of applause, you have been most helpful...

Of many of the things I’ve experienced in the last 20 years or so, the only thing I’ve seen that’s not been reduced in size is the push chair , or its equivalent.

When young mothers get on the bus or tram with their child(ren) they seem to have this huge piece of kit which seems many times larger than when I was young.

Hey Mossway, partially agree... Have you seen the price of them too!!! What a 'my kids going to have everything' waste of money!

But haven't cars got rather obese too! Every time i'm passing one of these 4x4 monsters I'm thinking thank god I'm in a Polo, otherwise we'd be stuck!

Hello not quite South Yorkshire. There’s a place in Chesterfield that might be able to help, called Rascal Babies. I haven’t used them myself so can’t recommend. 

Details are here. 

https://www.rascalbabies.co.uk/products/pushchair-refurbishment-packages/

hope this helps!