Glastonbury - Environmentally Hypocritical?

20 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nonsense! Most of the litter has already gone. Cans and bottles need to be removed first before any site vehicle movements, otherwise they will be ploughed into the ground. All of the sound and lighting equipment is already off site as are most of the marquees. In a weeks time there will only be the fencing and steelwork remaining which will take another 10 days to dismantle and get off site.

The mission to convert the event's site back into a functioning dairy farm could take up to six weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-48823850

I don't know why you seem to be some sort of self-appointed Glasto expert on this thread.

Either way, it will be cleaned up, and so the litter isn't actually a big issue.

On 01/07/2019 at 16:11, Top Cats Hat said:

Glastonbury has being supporting Greenpeace for nearly 40 years now, long before environmentalism was hip and trendy. Without Greenpeace we’d almost certainly have no Extinction Rebellion, no council recycling and no government pledges to reduce carbon emissions so it could be argued that Glastonbury’s green credentials are way above most organisations.

It takes six weeks to remove the rubbish and restore the fields to some semblance of farming land.  The whole kit and caboodle is a waste of resources. Only the greenie sandel wearing and tree hugging unwashed would be allowed to hold this disgrace of an event.

Angel1.

On 02/07/2019 at 12:57, Top Cats Hat said:

Nonsense! Most of the litter has already gone. Cans and bottles need to be removed first before any site vehicle movements, otherwise they will be ploughed into the ground. All of the sound and lighting equipment is already off site as are most of the marquees. In a weeks time there will only be the fencing and steelwork remaining which will take another 10 days to dismantle and get off site.

No, it takes six weeks as anyone who has taken an interest in this waste of time knows. It has been stated for the public's consumption, to restore the land as was, takes six weeks to complete.

Angel1.

7 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

It takes six weeks to remove the rubbish and restore the fields to some semblance of farming land.  The whole kit and caboodle is a waste of resources. Only the greenie sandel wearing and tree hugging unwashed would be allowed to hold this disgrace of an event.

Angel1.

No they aren't, there's hundreds of festivals in the UK during the summer, most are business people. More unfounded nonsense

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

No they aren't, there's hundreds of festivals in the UK during the summer, most are business people. More unfounded nonsense

Didn't see many of these on the news, only the great unwashed.

Angel1.

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Didn't see many of these on the news, only the great unwashed.

Angel1.

Sigh you said to hold an event so I replied to you about those that put festivals on.

As for those attending, the vast majority are students, whether hippies or not, also lots of families go, including none hippies, I've met an airline pilot there before, definitely not one of the great unwashed

On 03/07/2019 at 09:46, alchresearch said:

I don't know why you seem to be some sort of self-appointed Glasto expert on this thread.

Possibly because I seem to be one of the very few posters on this thread who actually know how large public events are put together, run and dismantled, therefore I don’t need to read BBC News links to find out.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Sigh you said to hold an event so I replied to you about those that put festivals on.

As for those attending, the vast majority are students, whether hippies or not, also lots of families go, including none hippies, I've met an airline pilot there before, definitely not one of the great unwashed

Lots of 20, 30, 40, 50, something professionals go as well.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Only the greenie sandel wearing and tree hugging unwashed would be allowed to hold this disgrace of an event.

Angel1.

So you're confident that no other festivals are ever allowed to go ahead?  Did you think about what you were typing, even as you typed it?

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Possibly because I seem to be one of the very few posters on this thread who actually know how large public events are put together, run and dismantled, therefore I don’t need to read BBC News links to find out.

I only used the BBC link to prove you wrong.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Only the greenie sandel wearing and tree hugging unwashed would be allowed to hold this disgrace of an event.

Funny then, that it is the Conservative Mendip District Council which has licensed the festival at Glastonbury for the past 48 years! 😂😅🤣