Glastonbury - Environmentally Hypocritical?

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Sigh

The festival goers leave the rubbish yes, but festival workers and volunteers stay behind from today and clean it up.

Like I said, it doesn't get left, unlike what those hyped stories try to make out.

It is the festival goers leaving the rubbish that is the issue; of course the festival workers clear up at the end, but that doesn't excuse the festival goers.

Edited by Nightbird

31 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

It is the festival goers leaving the rubbish that is the issue; of course the festival workers clear up at the end, but that doesn't excuse the festival goers.

Some people just can't see (or don't want to see) the utter duplicity at work here. Their all cheering and clapping Attenborough whilst leaving the place a tip, disgraceful behaviour but it's OK because someones coming along to clear it up, whatever happened to clearing your own mess up, I always do.

5 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Their all cheering and clapping Attenborough whilst leaving the place a tip, 

Don’t be ridiculous!

90% of litter is in bins which will have been regularly emptied every three or four hours throughout the weekend.

Glastonbury is one of the best run festivals in the world with one of the best behaved crowds there is. Making silly comments based on a handful of photographs in the Daily Mail just makes you look stupid. In three days time the place will be spotless with only the steel and trackways remaining. The site is a working dairy farm and if Micheal and Emily Eavis aren’t worried about the litter then there is little point in you being. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don’t be ridiculous!

90% of litter is in bins which will have been regularly emptied every three or four hours throughout the weekend.

Glastonbury is one of the best run festivals in the world with one of the best behaved crowds there is. Making silly comments based on a handful of photographs in the Daily Mail just makes you look stupid. In three days time the place will be spotless with only the steel and trackways remaining. The site is a working dairy farm and if Micheal and Emily Eavis aren’t worried about the litter then there is little point in you being. 🙄

I can explain it to you, which I have, but I can't understand it for you. I clear up after myself, I try not to drop any rubbish anywhere but when I do, I pick it up.

16 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Some people just can't see (or don't want to see) the utter duplicity at work here. Their all cheering and clapping Attenborough whilst leaving the place a tip, disgraceful behaviour but it's OK because someones coming along to clear it up, whatever happened to clearing your own mess up, I always do.

Theres two issues at work here.

A: most people who go to these festivals ARENT eco friendly recycle everything hippies, they are "normal" people.

The reason people like Attenborough do these things is NOT to preach to the converted its to preach to those NOT converted.

B: As ive stated previously, those stories run like the daily mail etc are done to paint it as these festivals are leaving a blight on the countryside, and then they are gone, leaving this rubbish there, they arent, workers and volunteers clear it up after the fact.

Glastonbury is also one of the most eco friendly festivals there is, using wind and solar panels as much as they can, also having years off so the ground can recover.

6 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

I can explain it to you, which I have, but I can't understand it for you. I clear up after myself, I try not to drop any rubbish anywhere but when I do, I pick it up.

i do too, but lots more people do drop litter, at the end of the day these festivals are frequened by a wide selection of the general public, a lot couldnt care less where there rubbish goes, i do so always put my rubbish in the bin. its these people that people like Attenborough are trying to get through to, not you or i, good on him, good on glastonbury, if 1 more person changes their actions its worth it

Let’s try this one out stop enjoying ourselves from now on.

9 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Let’s try this one out stop enjoying ourselves from now on.

What's  enjoying yourself got to do with throwing  your rubbish down for someone else to clean up after you?  Or is it the only way litter louts can have fun ?

15 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

What's  enjoying yourself got to do with throwing  your rubbish down for someone else to clean up after you?  Or is it the only way litter louts can have fun ?

the original point of the op wasnt just about rubbish, it was about everything ecological, and i agree, the only way to stop completely is go back to living in caves, living off the land like out ancesters did

1 hour ago, Bash Street said:

And neither do the vast amount of people who attend Glastonbury every year.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And neither do the vast amount of people who attend Glastonbury every year.

Sighs.

3 hours ago, Bash Street said:

It's the old do as I say not as I do culture from the snowflakes, which we are being exposed to time and again. I blame the parents.

You forgot to mention one-legged vegan LGBT activists. 

I blame the Daily Mail.