Women's Football World Cup 2019

Saw one of the Scottish players being interviewed ahead of the Argentina game.  On the Scots losing to England; (para phrasing), "Well they are one of the top footballing sides." 

On the Scots losing to the Japanese, (para phrasing), "Well they are one of the top emerging footballing nations." 

You can call the officials & VAR all you / like but to conceded 3 goals in the last 17 mins is sloppy. 

At least the Scots women's footballing side have achieved equality with the men's side.  They're both rubbish!

Edited by Baron99

I've enjoyed watching this competition immensely so far and have been very impressed with the level of skill.  

The Lionesses have had a great competition so far, if a little lucky at times.  

However, I was incensed during the England v Norway game, when, every time the Lionesses scored, instead of focusing on the well-deserved celebrations on the pitch, the camera shot to David Beckham's reaction in the stand.  Who wants to see his face?  Not me. 

I found it so patronising, that these women are brilliant footballers in their own right, and we have to see him after every goal.  They don't need Beckham's approval.  

We see enough of him and his ill-chosen tattoos and awfully died hair every day in the press.  Let's focus on the real stars of the show. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

Best of luck to the ladies tonight, beat the USA and I reckon they’ll win it with the confidence it will give them...

I'll be watching it in the Hillsborough Hotel. Hopefully the usual pub bores banging on about lesbians and shirt swapping will keep shtum.

I’ve since found out Millie Bright is from the very centre of gods universe that is killamarsh. I’ve enjoyed the highlights that I’ve seen and hope we do well against the yanks, who did look good going forward. Hope the hot weather won’t ruin it, you don’t want 22 players looking like they’re running through treacle after 60 minutes.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’ve since found out Millie Bright is from the very centre of gods universe that is killamarsh. I’ve enjoyed the highlights that I’ve seen and hope we do well against the yanks, who did look good going forward. Hope the hot weather won’t ruin it, you don’t want 22 players looking like they’re running through treacle after 60 minutes.

TFH you must be too busy working to miss that news snippet. She lives a couple of doors away from me. 

Excellent footballer, and she opened the leisure centre addition last year.

3 hours ago, willman said:

TFH you must be too busy working to miss that news snippet. She lives a couple of doors away from me. 

Excellent footballer, and she opened the leisure centre addition last year.

I am too busy to miss that news snippet, and too slow to twig the sign on the bridge.

But, more to the point, unlucky lionesses, better luck next time.

So disappointed. The US were much better in the first half and their right winger tortured the English defence. Second half we deserved more. The VAR offside was too marginal and the penalty was just rubbish. If Phil Neville thinks Lucy Bronze is the best player in the world why wasn't she taking it, or the leading scorer. Really unlucky but teams make their own luck and I'm still not sure the penalty should even have been given. Bugger 

So disappointed. The US were much better in the first half and their right winger tortured the English defence. Second half we deserved more. The VAR offside was too marginal and the penalty was just rubbish. If Phil Neville thinks Lucy Bronze is the best player in the world why wasn't she taking it, or the leading scorer. Really unlucky but teams make their own luck and I'm still not sure the penalty should even have been given. Bugger 

48 minutes ago, taxman said:

Stereo  typed eh?  Lol

9 hours ago, taxman said:

About sums it up for me, a decent game, but the USA closed us down quickly, the two at the back for us were poor, gave the ball away time after time. Credit to them for battling it out with the yanks but a bridge too far in the end

That match last night between England and the USA was brilliant from start to finish, really enjoyed it. 

On 03/07/2019 at 18:19, Nightbird said:

That match last night between England and the USA was brilliant from start to finish, really enjoyed it. 

They say the viewing figures were the biggest for this year.