Women's Football World Cup 2019

so glad Scotland are out of the woman's world cup tonight  3.0 up and they let the Argentinians score three great goals,not that i like Argentina but Scotland ,never stop moaning  

I used to be a lorry driver and go to Scotland regular, the one thing i remember, was being in Inverness when we played the Argies in 2002. The amount of jocks who were wearing Argentina shirts was unreal, i was only there for about 3 hrs but saw countless people wearing that shirt just because they were playing England.

Glad to say we stuck it up them ( again ) i wish i could have seen them going home looking depressed, wearing a shirt they'll never wear again.

1 hour ago, Blink bonny said:

I used to be a lorry driver and go to Scotland regular, the one thing i remember, was being in Inverness when we played the Argies in 2002. The amount of jocks who were wearing Argentina shirts was unreal, i was only there for about 3 hrs but saw countless people wearing that shirt just because they were playing England.

Glad to say we stuck it up them ( again ) i wish i could have seen them going home looking depressed, wearing a shirt they'll never wear again.

Was Mel Gibson one of them?  lol

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, leginemro said:

so glad Scotland are out of the woman's world cup tonight  3.0 up and they let the Argentinians score three great goals,not that i like Argentina but Scotland ,never stop moaning  

Missed it due to being very tied up watching some paint dry.

4 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

More fool you then.

Scotland's coach has to shoulder the blame with a 3 goal lead it doesn't make sense, she should have made defensive  subs and then parked the bus, tactical error.

VAR has made this WC a laughing stock.

In one of the games Australia played a super dubious penalty was awarded a minute or two after the infringement?

I watched the foul many times in slow motion and firstly it looked like it was slightly outside the area and secondly I'm still doubtful if it was a foul at all. 

Yet a penalty was still given.

Between giving penalties for ball struck deliberately and accidentally at players arms and now VAR - a third of the goals scored now are going to be penalties.

FIFA need to ditch VAR.

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, taxman said:

More fool you then.

Really? So your opinion is that I should watch a sport i find boring in order to fit in with your views? 

3 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Really? So your opinion is that I should watch a sport i find boring in order to fit in with your views? 

You found it important enough to post on here.......

16 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

I've sorted this now to make it more entertaining. If you record it and then watch it at twice the normal speed it's akin to watching League 2 footy, still not great but needs must in the close season.

13 hours ago, MAC33 said:

VAR has made this WC a laughing stock.

In one of the games Australia played a super dubious penalty was awarded a minute or two after the infringement?

I watched the foul many times in slow motion and firstly it looked like it was slightly outside the area and secondly I'm still doubtful if it was a foul at all. 

Yet a penalty was still given.

Between giving penalties for ball struck deliberately and accidentally at players arms and now VAR - a third of the goals scored now are going to be penalties.

FIFA need to ditch VAR.

Although Scotland obviously made cocked up a 3-0 lead, the whole situation at the end was an utter farce!!

It was a dubious penalty anyway - I still wasn't sure with the 2 angles it showed, but then to be saved, and retaken. Then the ending with no added time, even though that VAR penalty farce must have been closer to 10 mins.

If that had been a men's world cup tournament and knocked out scot or eng, it would have been talk of the day.

It takes all of the spark of the game away. Even I was cheering when she saved it!

Like someone else said, was certainly not boring as an outsider.

I think the rule of keeper moving needs looking at. It doesn't favour the keeper now at all. What about when these people run up, then slow down to tap it. The keeper has to have moved... then if the tap goes wrong, they get another go at it.

All seems right in letter of the law, but when united or weds lose a major game from it, people will notice! :hihi:

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, Bash Street said:

I've sorted this now to make it more entertaining. If you record it and then watch it at twice the normal speed it's akin to watching League 2 footy, still not great but needs must in the close season.

The only positive to that is it would be over quicker.