ARE THERE ANY CHEESE MAKERS IN SHEFFIELD

There are so many British cheeses that seem to have a regional origin that it made me wonder if there is - or if there has ever been - any specific cheeses made in Sheffield? I know that cheeses like Cheddar, Cheshire, Wensleydale, Red Leicester, Double Gloucester, etc, etc can now be made anywhere in the world these days, but, surely, they must have originally started in the regions that they were named after?

Sheffield is surrounded by so much agricultural land that I think it would be great if someone could start up a cheese-making business, using milk from local cows, sheep or goats - and it would be even better if that cheese could have a sort of protected status - a bit like Parmigiano Reggiano. Anyone can make a cheese and call it "Parmesan" - but to be called Parmigiano Reggiano, it has to be made within  certain geographical areas of Italy … 

Oooh! Ta for your reply Claret. I'm  quite amazed that Sheffield produces any sort of cheese at all  and  this "Little Mesters"  cheese sounds really very interesting indeed! I'll definitely give it a try when I can.