N.E. Lincs Council issue £200 fine for funeral over running by 48 seconds.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Except that no one fined a grieving family but don’t let the truth get in the way of a good moan! 😂

Read the link provided by the OP, It clearly says that two grieving sisters were fined 200 pounds for spending too much time with their deceased father's casket.

Edited by Ontarian1981

23 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Read the link provided by the OP, It clearly says that two grieving sisters were fined 200 pounds for spending too much time with their deceased father's casket.

The article explicitly states the bill was issued to the funeral directors.

If the funeral director passed on the bill the sisters should refuse to pay, it's the responsibility of the directors to inform and ensure they don't overrun, not the sisters.

On 27/06/2019 at 19:05, ECCOnoob said:

All screams of manufactured dialogue to me.

Having just read the article, completely agree... a non storey to get those who like a bit of faux outrage worked up.

Edited by Magilla

28 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

It clearly says that two grieving sisters were fined 200 pounds for spending too much time with their deceased father's casket.

It clearly doesn’t. 

”But their funeral directors were sent a bill from North East Lincolnshire Council for £200, demanding payment for going over their allotted time by just 48 seconds”.

Fake news!

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It clearly doesn’t. 

”But their funeral directors were sent a bill from North East Lincolnshire Council for £200, demanding payment for going over their allotted time by just 48 seconds”.

Fake news!

It will go on the sisters' bill anyway, so they will still pay.

1 minute ago, Ontarian1981 said:

It will go on the sisters' bill anyway, so they will still pay.

Stop digging!😂

It also says in the article that these ‘fines’ are for the funeral directors and are vary rarely passed on to their clients.

4 hours ago, Magilla said:

The article explicitly states the bill was issued to the funeral directors.

If the funeral director passed on the bill the sisters should refuse to pay, it's the responsibility of the directors to inform and ensure they don't overrun, not the sisters.

Having just read the article, completely agree... a non storey to get those who like a bit of faux outrage worked up.

Non storey eh?  Makes sense for a ground level crematorium, I guess. 😋

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Stop digging!😂

It also says in the article that these ‘fines’ are for the funeral directors and are vary rarely passed on to their clients.

Digging? I thought it was a cremation. 🙃

7 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Non storey eh?  Makes sense for a ground level crematorium, I guess. 😋

Digging? I thought it was a cremation. 🙃

🤣 Classic.  :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Except that no one fined a grieving family but don’t let the truth get in the way of a good moan! 😂

"Grieving sisters fined £200 for taking 48 seconds too long to say goodbye to dad

Two sisters were asked to pay £200 by North East Lincolnshire Council for spending too long saying goodbye to their dad at Grimsby Crematorium."

“Funeral directors manage the proceedings and it is at their discretion whether or not to pass this charge to their client. 

In your world I can only think you imagine the funeral directors pay the £200 fine out of the goodness of their hearts. In my world of reality I have no doubt the family will be billed for the £200, the funeral business exists to make money, not to be a charity.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

43 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

"In my world of reality I have no doubt the family will be billed for the £200, the funeral business exists to make money, not to be a charity.

Regardless of the fact that the article also states that ‘very rarely are these costs passed on to the bereaved.’

If you don’t like the council, write them a letter saying so, rather than deliberately  misinterpreting sensationalist tabloid nonsense on the internet.

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Regardless of the fact that the article also states that ‘very rarely are these costs passed on to the bereaved.’

If you don’t like the council, write them a letter saying so, rather than deliberately  misinterpreting sensationalist tabloid nonsense on the internet.

Strange world you live in. How can quoting the written word be " deliberately  misinterpreting sensationalist tabloid nonsense ". My last word on this subject, as you seem to have a habit of twisting the truth into some thing hardly related to the post you are replying to. I cannot compete with your vivid imagination, I give you that.

Angel1.

Daily Mail headline:

Grieving sisters are fined £200 because they took too long to say their final goodbye to their father

In the article itself:

But their funeral directors were sent a bill from North East Lincolnshire Council for £200, demanding payment for going over their allotted time by just 48 seconds.

Typical Daily Mail dog whistle headline contradicted in the actual article.

I think its fair to say my point has been given a perfect example in this very thread.

Media minipulation of a non-story blown out of all proportion to generate headlines, social media gossip and a load of ill-informed knee jerk public reaction.

I really wish more people would actually take the time to read between the lines, look at the original facts of the story in full context and most importantly look for what is very deliberately NOT being said in a story.    The more of us do this, the more chance of showing up the tabloid horse crap for what it is.