New job in S60 -any nice village areas??

Hi all,

We currently live in S74,  need a bigger house and my partner has secured a new job in S60 rotherham . We don't know the area but wish for a  15 minute commute or just over, a village setting with local shops for necessities and good nurseries/schools for our now 2.5 year old. Can anyone please give us some advice and help please?

Many thanks

You could try the new developments at Waverly Rotherham (being developed as a village) - near to Morrisons but not sure about nurseries/schools. You could also try Catcliffe but beware about possible flooding if near the Rother.  As classicfan suggests you could also try Treeton.

Good luck in your search

It depends what you meanwhen you say village. I don't consider much of Treeton or Catcliffe a village or many other areas close by. I would suggest north or south Anston, Aston, Aughton, Brampton en le Morthen, Thurcroft (new estate),  Wickersley, Flanderwell, Whiston, Ulley, Laughton and Laughton Common. Firbeck, Letwell and similar areas may be pushing it a bit. It all depends what time you travel. 

Isnt Waverly the estate near Catcliffe, near the Advanced Manufacturing Park? Its not villagey and surrounding areas can flood. 

Thorpe Hesley 

4 hours ago, denlin said:

Thorpe Hesley 

Thats not twenty minutes unless its really off peak times. I used to live in Thorpe Hesley and various areas around S60 while my parents still  lived in Thorpe Hesley.  It is a nice area but has a couple of bottlenecks getting on to the main road(s) to Rotherham or  Chapeltown / M1. Fair enough location if you are prepared to take longer to get to work but not twenty minutes.

Todwick or Harthill are lovely.          Beighton is nice as well,    all of these are close to junction 31 of the M1.

22 hours ago, Gringo'sRus said:

Hi all,

We currently live in S74,  need a bigger house and my partner has secured a new job in S60 rotherham . We don't know the area but wish for a  15 minute commute or just over, a village setting with local shops for necessities and good nurseries/schools for our now 2.5 year old. Can anyone please give us some advice and help please?

Many thanks

I've just had a look at the large area S60 covers. If you really want it to be twenty minutes travel to work it may be useful to say exactly whereabouts work is. It can take that long to travel within S60 but maybe less from outside that area depending where start and finish are in relation to major roads.